Sign in to follow this  

Future of off road bikes?????

So now that all of the big 5 have at least a 450 off road trail bike, how long will it be before FI goes into trail bikes? 2010 promises FI on the RMX450Z, and on a couple 250 mx bikes. I am sort of hoping that there will be a 250 trail bike with FI in the next 3-4 years, so it will be there when I am ready to upgrade.

So what do you guys think? And for you guys in CA, are FI mx bikes green sticker? I hear the FI makes them green sticker legal? Like the kawi and Honda?

I agree the FI sould make it green sticker legal, it sould burn cleaner at all times and they (factory ) could program them that way. Racers then could reprogram to suit their tracks. But its that 8th digit in the serial number that keeps us from getting green stickers. I do like the idea of the FI, but it will make the art of out jetting your bike to out run the other guys a lost art, but we'll all need laptops in our gear bags.

This probaly belongs on a different thread, but I say we should all take our bikes to DMV and try to duelsport them, then prehaps they can see the revenue they are missing. In other countrys those guys can street their twostrokes, the same cr250s we buy and ride at the track. Plus they don't buy green stikers. I'd gladly pay for street and green.

It always seems like the off road bikes are are a few years behind when it

comes to needed updates. There's no telling how long it'll take for the Big 4

to make their 250 offroaders FI...of course, if you're in a hurry you can always

look at Husky. Lightweight, street legal off roaders and yes, they have FI.

I'd love to trade in my 525EXC for a TE510.