Sign in to follow this  

Coolant Smell

Ever since I put on the green hoses everyone has been getting from Ebay I get a faint smell of coolant. When I replaced the hoses I used water wetter coolant.

I checked the hoses they are all tight and I do not see any leaks.

Anyone have this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

btw, it is an 09. It runs great but just get the smell.

I got the exact same problem when i switched to my blue hoses. I use Redline water wetter.

Do you think there are any problems? Are you just ignoring it? This baffles the hell out of me!

Did you get your blue hoses from Ebay?

It might be that when you filled it back up you put in alittle to much fluid in and alittle went out the over flow line. As long as the fins in the rad are covered you will be alright. I went though that with my 07 that it would leak alittle out and I would keep toping it off. Maybe thats all it is, if you cant see anything leaking

Thats 3 people with the same smell from the same hoses.

Neal99, has the smell gone away?

I have had mine on for about 20 hours and topped it off once but always had the smell.

Yes same here, its not leaking anywhere but after i get done with a moto or ride i notice the smell ever since ive put them on.

Yep... I'll verify the smell coming from his bike and not sign of a leak... nothing in the overflow tube. Makes no sense.

Is there any chance that the waterwetter and water are so thin that minor amounts are sneaking past somewhere then burning off internally? sounds nuts I know

ASI Y hoses huh.......I warned people about them a couple months ago.

Check for leaks at the very ends of the hoses.....threw the center of the hose at the webbing.