Can I put 2002 cr125 forks on a 2005 250?

I have a 2005 Cr 250, forks are heavily damaged, and i've been searching ebay and all that jazz for some new one. I found a some 2002 Cr 125 forks, can i use those with out buying anything else? Is there a certain year I can and can't buy some? Input would be greatly appreciated

The forks on the 05 250 are Showa units if I remember correctly. The 02 cr125 uses KYB, I am not sure how alike the two different forks are. I would go look at some part diagrams on bike bandit and compare part numbers for things like the axle, wheel spacers, and triple clamps. The top clamp is different because of the way the front number plate mounts. If you need some measurements for different parts on the forks let me know, I just picked up a 02 cr125 last night.

The CR125 forks are 46mm KYB units. Single chamber

The CR250R are 47mm Showa units. Twin Chambers

So if you get a different then stock setup, you will have to swap clamps. And you may need to press out the stock steering shaft in the original clamps to the new ones so it is the correct length.

The showas are better than the KYBs through the earlier years up to 09. The new 09CRF450 uses 48mm KYB twinchambers and the 2010CRF250 uses 48mm Showas with twin bleed twin chambers.

The forks will swap like 97-03, then 04+ they shortened the caliper bracket at the forks. So if you are going between those years, you need to caliper assembly off a 04+ CR/CRF also. Then in 05 they move the axle back 2mm in the pinch bolts effectively making the steering quicker like adding offset clamps. 06-08 they shortened the forks 20mm since they no longer offered the 20" front wheel. Internally the valving changes a lot year to year. 04 is the first year of the larger piston, and improved from there until 08 which were harsh unless ridden hard. 06-07 are probably the best forks stock.

I have a 2005 Cr 250, forks are heavily damaged, and i've been searching ebay and all that jazz for some new one. I found a some 2002 Cr 125 forks, can i use those with out buying anything else? Is there a certain year I can and can't buy some? Input would be greatly appreciated

read my last post, but you will be going backwards. Get a 05-08 CR250 CRF250R CRF450R set of forks.