How To Not Clean Your Chain - *warning* Graphic

HHhhmmm. Who would have thought that 40 some odd teeth meshing together into a 520 chain at 2-5 feet per second might be hazardous????? Now he wants to complete firearm training in 30 days to join the police department??? I feel safer already. Don't get me wrong, I have had my share stitches and broken bones, but to stick your hand into a moving chain??? That you yourself just put into motion???? After putting "35,000 miles in the seat in three years"??? HHhhhmmmmm

HHhhmmm. Who would have thought that 40 some odd teeth meshing together into a 520 chain at 2-5 feet per second might be hazardous????? Now he wants to complete firearm training in 30 days to join the police department??? I feel safer already. Don't get me wrong, I have had my share stitches and broken bones, but to stick your hand into a moving chain??? That you yourself just put into motion???? After putting "35,000 miles in the seat in three years"??? HHhhhmmmmm

:busted:

Unfortunate for some, they don't make a pill that cures stupid.

Nothing I could say will fix your .........issue.A lesson learned.Huge balls for posting those pics though.Heal soon.One word three syllables V-I-C-O-D-I-N.Allot of it.Good lesson for anyone even considering doing what you did.I'm not gonna call you names.Your injury is a major bummer.We have all done lame stuff.At least you can admit when you screwed the pooch.Ouch!!!!I worked with a guy who thought it would be a good idea to check chain tension while riding down the street.He lost 2 fingers down to the last knuckle.Don't be too hard on yourself.It takes allot of cajones to admit to something like that.Like I said V-I-C-O-D-I-N......750mg. Take it often.Oh, and get a bike next time with a belt drive.....sorry man had to throw a cheap shot in.:busted:

Perhaps you should all go a little easier on this guy. He is disfigured for life because of a mistake. We all make mistakes. This happens to be more severe than normal. I am sure that this guy is hating life right now, and with his "time off" he is probably reading your comments and even feeling more sorry about what he can never have again. Cool it with the remarks. Seriously.

Perhaps you should all go a little easier on this guy. He is disfigured for life because of a mistake. We all make mistakes. This happens to be more severe than normal. I am sure that this guy is hating life right now, and with his "time off" he is probably reading your comments and even feeling more sorry about what he can never have again. Cool it with the remarks. Seriously.

+1 on that.Lesson definitely learned

It's a posted link from a Suzuki GSXR forum, I highly doubt he's reading our comments here on thumpertalk. I do agree with you to some extent, BUT, there's a difference between making a random mistake and practicing an extremely dangerous method of cleaning ones chain.

To sound cliche, if you screw around with fire enough, you'll eventually be burned.

Regardless if he's reading this or not, People need to learn values and have compassion for others. We all ride. Bashing someone for making a huge mistake does not help others out. You can point fingers and ridicule the stupidity, but inside, what did you really learn about yourself when making these comments that everyone else reads? Do you, and I don't mean you personally, want this to be the way you want to be portrayed? Show some character.

• Like 1

Man didn't even notice that the post was a transplant.I think I was more shocked by the pics.Still,the guy has got to feel depressed knowing what he did.That's why I stick to dirt scooters.I don't know how that is relevant but oh well.And to think that the guy took the time to take pictures is insane!!!!