Big Bird Break in Ride

OK- looks like the mm's at 7 a.m., Sunday. I think we have 6 riders interested. B loop type ride, Jim wants to baby his baby, while it's still a baby. Whoever is leading this ride must give Jim the front, he doesn't want us to scratch up his new toy, or get it dirty. Too bad, that's the spot that always misses my spectacular crashes!

The list of maybe's are: Jim, Bob (not to be confused with JimBob), William, Jacob, Marshall, and Marshall's new boyfriend Lane (or something like that, is it bad form to bust chops on somebody that doesn't use this thread?).

Role call: who's in? Right now for sure is Jim, Bob....

My grandmother passed away this week, so I will be headed to Indiana Sunday for the funeral services. If anyone would like to ride Saturday let me know.

Sorry to hear that Jacob. My condolences to you and your family.

When you are back give me some times you would be able to ride.

Jim

How did it go?

Well, Jim's bike is nice. He has some 'bling' to put on it and has to get used to the feel....

On a side note, looks like I'm going to have to lay off the Scooby snacks for a while. I cased it REAL bad on one ditch. And by REAL bad I mean: put a 2+ inch dent in my skid plate, cracked the case (not sure how bad as I have not dropped the skid plate yet but oil is slowly flowing out), and the reason I found out it was damaged was that I had sheared off the top bolt that holds the sub frame to the frame. Seat came loose at the tank, OK-whatever, kept riding, then the engine gets loud...how come? the muffler came off the header, the boot came off the carb, you get it.... used a strap from the fender rack to the frame to hold it together for about 7-8 miles back to truck. Didn't notice the oil lleak until I unloaded the bike today. Time to tear into the old WR....hope it's back together by the Payson DS ride. If it's bad-bad I may have a new bike in the not too distant future.

How did it go?

Great ride! Several guys from Off Camber showed up to guide us There were seven in all. It was a relatively easy ride with some good sections thrown in to make it interesting. Scooby had some wierd issues such as the top subframe bolt shearing off which led to him riding it like a Harley low rider for a while until the pipe connection and carb boot separated.

The Husaberg is everything it has been written up to be. A very quick handling bike that likes precise input from the rider. Unfortunately, it wasn't getting that much precision from me. Nothing catastrophic, but a couple oops, let's get back on the trail stuff. In the soft sand, the front wanders quite a bit more than the WR, so I was pretty tentative there. But, I can see with a little time that it is going to be a great ride in almost all situations. Now, I need to add some protection, and some heat shielding on the pipe. It gets pretty hot while sitting on the bike and idling as the pipe runs right under the seat.

Thanks to Doug Seitz and William and all the others for a great 1st ride on the Husaberg. And to Scooby, get that bike fixed or something so we can do the Mogollon Rim ride. :busted:

Oh yeah, I forgot my camera. Pics on the next ride, I promise.