Tire size making bike squirrely?

I have been using my 99 WR for quite some time now with street tires and recently decided to take it out out and use it like it was meant to be used. When I took it out, in the dirt it feels slightly "wiggley", or maybe like the front and rear are not wanting to track exactly the same. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? The rear tire (sorry I know you need the tire size... later) is a bit large, and not very "round". Anyway, just wondering if anyone had any ideas what might be going on. Its not extreme this sensation, but something is not quite right.

Thanks

Mark Sheldon

Could be a few things - I take it you're on more open trail at higher speeds? You definitely want to drop tire pressures down a bit. Otherwise, it could just be crappy tires for offroad and/or just a factor of getting used to the "slip to grip" part of dirt riding!

Yah, thats right, "on harder trails" I´m feeling it most. Yes, I´m pretty sure they would qualify as crappy tires, "Duro" them is, YAY TEAM :busted: So what would be a good place to start for tire pressure? I think they are at the recomended 32 give or take a lub.

thanks

I have been using my 99 WR for quite some time now with street tires and recently decided to take it out out and use it like it was meant to be used. When I took it out, in the dirt it feels slightly "wiggley", or maybe like the front and rear are not wanting to track exactly the same. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? The rear tire (sorry I know you need the tire size... later) is a bit large, and not very "round". Anyway, just wondering if anyone had any ideas what might be going on. Its not extreme this sensation, but something is not quite right.

Thanks

Mark Sheldon

This is normal for offroad. You have less traction. Once you get used to it, you'll learn to like it.

Are you shifting your body weight properly? Do you know what I'm talking about?

For now, concern yourself just with the front. Just make sure its pointing where you want to go. Let the rear end dance around a little.

btw.. whats with the large, "not very round" tire? :busted: