Help with 02 yz426 tranny

I'm putting my bike back togethere after having to rebuild the crank, after I got the halfs back together I checked tranny function and all seem'd well.

Now after bolting the bottem end back into the frame I want'd to check the tranny again.

Now it seems kinda hard to get it to find the gears, it still gos into all of them but it seems like it wants to go inbetween gears somtimes. And after selecting a gear you have to try once or twice with the shifter before it will go into the next.

Might this get better after its got oil and back tire is moving? I dont want to put it back together the rest of the way to just pull it all apart again. :busted:

Any advice would be nice! Thanks

The trans is not designed to shift well unless it's rotating. If you can hold force on the shift lever, turn the rear wheel or output shaft, and have it lock into the correct gear, it's OK.

ok, I think its working ok then. I can shift from 1st to 5th fine but going backdown from 4th to 3rd it seems to get stuck inbetween somtimes (maybe just not turning the output enough while trying to change gears) and going from 2nd to 1st it go's into N and i have to go back to 2nd before 1st. But then somtimes it works just fine..... I just want to get this thing together!!!

As gray said, the tranny isn't working fine when the shafts aren't rotating. And they work even worse if you have them mounted only in one side of the cases. I've almost thought something is wrong with it, but after bolting the engine together and rotating the wheel, it shifts like a charm :busted:

motor is bolted together, the whole bottem end is put together and bolted back in the frame. I'v just been waiting to put the top end on so if i did need to split the case's again i wouldnt hav to take Everything back part just lower end.

When i'm trying this i am turning the output shaft. I'v got it to shift fine once or twice but it seems to be inconsetent. maybe i'm not turning the shaft enough or somthing? But it go's inbetween 3rd and 4th (if you turn the output shaft it free wheels but you can feel it trying to grab a gear.) and 2nd to first it like to go into N and you have to go back to 2nd then 1st.

Any suggestions would be nice, should i just put it together and hope for the best? I really just wanna ride this darn thing. I'v got LOTS of big shiney pennies into this bike and just wanna ride it.

buuump

No help? Come on Gary i know you know you stuff, what do you think?

I believe "Gary" has already stated his point. :banana:

Put it together and :busted: