stator rotor damage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have taken the starter clutch of it`s all fine ,it`s at the bike mechanic at the moment and he can`t work it out either all the bit`s are where there supposed to be have`nt found anything broken yet (still looking)

Have taken the starter clutch of it`s all fine ,it`s at the bike mechanic at the moment and he can`t work it out either all the bit`s are where there supposed to be have`nt found anything broken yet (still looking)

weird. Well please keep me posted on what you find. Thanks

pictures on page 2 it is in at a shop at the moment but they can`t find anything either we still can`t work out how it would get in between the stator and the rotor from outside the stator side, would almost be like the magic bullet that got JFK .

cheers elwood

yeah, saw the pics. Mine looked exactly the same. can't figure out what caused the breakdown. I didn't even have marks on my flywheel. I sent my stator back to where I bought it and they said they tested it and found that it would still work fine. I don't want to take the chance, so I just bought another brand new one. My only concern is that I never found the cause of the damage, so I hope the new one doesn't get f*#@ed up too. Let you know when I put it back together

picture?

Found it ,it was the washer that was supposed to behind the kick-starter shaft .i got it fitted from new and the shop did`nt fit it properly and it has been floating around for 4 years until it finally made it`s way through to the stator via the gear box . .So it means that the DR is still bullet proof as this was human error .So had the whole motor and gearbox stripped (new rings fitted was all the was done,did`nt need them but put them in anyway as it was apart )

Cheers Elwood

Found it ,it was the washer that was supposed to behind the kick-starter shaft .i got it fitted from new and the shop did`nt fit it properly and it has been floating around for 4 years until it finally made it`s way through to the stator via the gear box . .So it means that the DR is still bullet proof as this was human error .So had the whole motor and gearbox stripped (new rings fitted was all the was done,did`nt need them but put them in anyway as it was apart )

Cheers Elwood

Thanks Elwood, but that definately can't be my problem since I never had the engine apart. I'll have to figure this out yet.