Sign in to follow this  

07 EXC handle bar switch

There is about a 1/2" gap between my bar switch and left grip on my 450 EXC. I tried to move it closer to the grip but found it has a peg that fits in a hole in the Magura bars. Has anyone successfully moved the switch over against the grip?

some people actually like that tab as it holds the switch in place if the screws loosen slightly

if the switch gets loose, it can turn on the bars & become unusable for you, possibly causing a problem----

if you like that tab, all you gotta do is drill a small hole in your handlebar just like the one that is already there...but make sure it is moved over just a bit to where you want your switch to line up at (you sure do not want 5-6 holes, so make sure it is right the 1st time)

no, I am not 1 of those that like to keep that tab, but some guys do like it.....especially if you have ever had a switch become loose & turn on you when you are looking frantically for the kill switch:smirk:

i am one of those that drilled a hole in the bar, almost three years ago. the turn signal switch is easier to reach and i've never had an issue with bar strength or flex.

although im not sure how aftermarket bars will work, i'll probably go with the sicass setup once i change the bars out. but i dont know, im kind of a cheap a$$. good luck!!