Sign in to follow this  

Fitting goggles correctly?

OK, I must be doing something wrong. Every time I get a new set of goggles, they pinch my nose so I can't breath.

I've always used Scott's OTG and had to remove the foam around the nose. Well, I got tired of the Scott goggles and bought some new Progrip 3450's and I have the same issue. :busted:

I don't think I have a big nose or at least nobody's said anything to that effect. :banana:

So am I doing something wrong or what? Any help would be appreciated!

What helmet are you using? I've got a Shoei and my son has a TLD. After

looking at multiple helmets it seems (to me anyway) that the space between

the chin guard and the top of the helmet has gotten smaller while goggles

have gotten bigger. I've tried three different manufacture of goggles and all of

them pinch my nose.

A friend suggested that I try wearing "youth" goggles as they're smaller top

to bottom. I'll likely lose some field of view but I can live with that if I can

breath.

I've got a HJC helmet but they even pinch my nose when trying on just the goggles.

On the Scott's, I would rip out the foam around the nose but then dust will get in.

Maybe on these, I'll just trim the foam on these instead of ripping it all out.

It's your helmet not your goggles. Try to adjust your helmet up or down on your head to gain more space for the goggles.

It's your helmet not your goggles. Try to adjust your helmet up or down on your head to gain more space for the goggles.

Yeah, but they pinch my nose when I just have the goggles on without the helmet.

It's not just you.

I had the same problem. With my '89 series Scotts I never had a problem but I simply couldn't make the new style frames work for me without pinching my nose. So I gave them away. Now and after 25 years wearing Scott I switched to Oakley. I don't have any problems now except than none of my local shops have lens or tear-offs so I ordered direct from Oakley's homepage.

--KT--

Realizing that your problem is with or without the helmet, my problem was just with the newer helmets. I went to HJC and find them to have plenty of goggle room (Shoei is now useless to me).

I went to the Scott Voltage goggle (which still didn't fit the Shoei) and bought a pair of the pricey Hi-Voltage III goggles. You might give the Voltage a try but I would suggest going to a Cycle Gear or shop to try them on first.