Cal City...More to come...

For those who have PM'd and asked, the answer is YES. There are now some cities looking at what Cal City has done and wanting more information on the riding program. Can't say which ones, but there are more than one. Will gladly help those cities for the good of the cause. More riding areas opened in the state? IF those cities put the effort and the legal $$ that Cal City has done to keep everything open then they have a chance. Good luck!

NEWS FOR CAL CITY: More OHV improvements have already been started and more to come. Just come out and visit. You'll have to see for yourself. The DIRT team is using the permit fee to make more improvements. 100% of the $8.00/year fee MUST be for OHV recreation, safety, and related improvements.

For those who have PM'd and asked, the answer is YES. There are now some cities looking at what Cal City has done and wanting more information on the riding program. Can't say which ones, but there are more than one. Will gladly help those cities for the good of the cause. More riding areas opened in the state? IF those cities put the effort and the legal $$ that Cal City has done to keep everything open then they have a chance. Good luck!

NEWS FOR CAL CITY: More OHV improvements have already been started and more to come. Just come out and visit. You'll have to see for yourself. The DIRT team is using the permit fee to make more improvements. 100% of the $8.00/year fee MUST be for OHV recreation, safety, and related improvements.

Awesome! Thanks for helping out........you guys (and gals) are great.

When's the next clean up?

You guys are the shiznit! Its so refreshing to see a city actually catering to us riders and using the money we pay for recreation stickers actually being used for off-road recreation and improvements, not off-road criminalization. Please let us know when the next cleanup is going to be, Ill be there!

Also, when the time comes, let us know the other cities that have shown interest in doing what Cal City is doing, maybe we as a group can help them make their decision. :bonk:

Keep it up Cal City! :bonk:

2nd Building at Borax Bill park will be the new OHV Information/1st Aid Center. Modular building should be up in November. City and team determined that OHV recreation will be in Cal City for a long time, and start preparing for the future. (Positive thinking for the sport). Up to now, 1st aid was done out in the open or inside personal DIRT team trailers. While other places have had to put things in reverse, we're taking the chances of going forward. FULL SPEED AHEAD!

The City will have a new Manager starting in January. Current one, who is retiring, was in full support of the Cal City OHV Program. The replacement (several years ago) fought & obtained $$ to put in the 1st Building at Borax Bill (Shower/Restroom facility) when they held a different position in the City. When all there is, is bad news going around, just wanted to post some GOOD NEWS.

• Like 1

just spent my birthday weekend in Cal City with family and good friends. It is an awesome place to ride and camp, and I have no problem paying my annual fees to cover the RV dump usage, etc. I'll be posting some pics from up top on Madison Mountain where the Jack Mabee Memorial is and some other random photos as well. We rode over to Jawbone on Saturday for drinks and lunch, then went to X-Spot on Sunday for drinks n lunch and some football, Monday was quite a bit cooler and we rode over behind the prison for 1/2 the day before packing up to go home. Oh yeah, my new bike ran sweet. Only bad thing to report, is a nail in the rear tire of both my wife's and son's bikes.

2nd Building at Borax Bill park will be the new OHV Information/1st Aid Center. Modular building should be up in November. City and team determined that OHV recreation will be in Cal City for a long time, and start preparing for the future. (Positive thinking for the sport). Up to now, 1st aid was done out in the open or inside personal DIRT team trailers. While other places have had to put things in reverse, we're taking the chances of going forward. FULL SPEED AHEAD!

The City will have a new Manager starting in January. Current one, who is retiring, was in full support of the Cal City OHV Program. The replacement (several years ago) fought & obtained $$ to put in the 1st Building at Borax Bill (Shower/Restroom facility) when they held a different position in the City. When all there is, is bad news going around, just wanted to post some GOOD NEWS.

Thanks again!

While you move full speed ahead, can I trust that you are making parallel plans for the increased Law Enforcement required by the increase in OHV visitors to the area?

I love Cal City as my primary OHV area, and all of us that "do" don't want everything ruined by those that "don't". Pictures of Glamis come to mind.....