Sign in to follow this  

2009 RMZ 450 owners, any complaints?

I am seriously considering purchasing a new 2009 RMZ 450. Do you have any complaints about yours? My previous bike was a 2006 RMZ 450 and had no problems. Just looking to upgrade.

08 is the same as 09, and I have an 08. No complaints whatsoever. The only things you need to do are setup the suspension for you, replace the plastic radiator hose t fitting behind the right rad with a $30 metal one from fellow TTer AZRob or from zipty racing, and you my friend are ready to ride. The 09 has no known recalls or weak engine/tranny issues. Now go stimulate the economy!

Couldn't agree more. I've only got about 8 hard track hours on my 09, but I freakin' love this bike. Very happy with the purchase so far. Go for it! I picked mine up for $5400 so you should be able to find a great deal.

Picked up my 08.5 for $4700 + shipping, which was like 300. No tax as it was bought out of state and shipped to me. Had I picked it up at the dealer it would have costed more.

The bike ROCKS and it is sooooo easy to ride fast. LOVE IT. Sure some motors are faster but not by much.....

I came off of a 06 yz 450 and after a warm up lap, and 2 hard laps i was already faster on my 08 rmz and that was without all the personal stuff i liked like bars, tires, suspension, grips, levers etc.

You will NOT be disappointed.

One thing, and this has been talked about on here before, is once in a while after stalling ( which doesn't happen very often), the kick starter will feel locked up. Not sure why it happens, but it does and did once for me. A quick rocking of the bike frees it up. Again, not a huge complaint, but something that you might run in to. Don't stall it and you'll be good !!

I think thats just move 4 strokes, my yz did that too but i got the valves checked and after that it stopped doing it, i dk if it was coincidental or not...

overall i'm happy with the bike. no problems so far with it. only gripe i have is in stock form the top end power flattens out too quick.

Thanks for all the comments. I did read about it falling off on the top end, but that a pipe and tuner would make it better.

you're right, and that's what i plan on buying for it in the near future.