ASV C5s (pro clutch)

Renthal fats (CR high)

Fastway F3s

Ironman sprockets (counter and driven)

Talon hubs/Excel wheels

Full PC Ti system

TokyoMods carb mod

RaceTech gold valves

The bike runs just fine and has been serviced always/only by me. I have the original Owner's Manual and the OEM shop manual too.

Those mods are a few Gs alone. Here's a pic of my spares:

All.jpg

And that's still not all, but it's most of 'em. Most of that stuff is common OEM nut/bolts/bits. There are:

a couple of MP throttle tubes

(4) air filters

several rims strips

couple sets of fork seals

several tubes

(2) 756 fronts

(5) 756 rears

(1) 739 rear (don't ask how I ended up w/ it :bonk:)

enough ASV C5 spares to rebuild either side from any get-off

spare full OEM exhaust system

spare PC Ti mid section

(2) brand new DID ERT@ chains

etc...

I have the OEM triples too, but they're not pictured.

Here's the bike in case you've never seen it (a 1.5 year old pic though):

DSC00351.jpg

Here's what I'm thinking; ebay for $4k "By it Now". The guy that wants a "cheap" bike could remove/replace the RG3s & PC full sys w/ OEMs parts and sell them and still have tons of spares. My aim was to have the bits to deal w/ any minor, even slightly decent get-off the day of and ride again if not that day, the next. When I was servicing the bike, I'd see a worn thingy and order (2) or more spares... that's how I collected this stuff.

The tires alone are ~ $550+ even on-line.

Add it all up and look at the flexibility you have w/ those parts and $4k seems fair. The 17 year old kid on a budget won't touch it, but the discerning guy looking for value will. Add to all that it's a reliable, kick ass bike that only ever rocked and rolled for me. I just want to part w/ as much stuf in one deal as possible.

I'm looking for constructive feedback not shiz like "you can find 'em for $3895 brandy new 'round these here parts...". This ain't your average 250F - not even close.

:bonk:

Unfortunately parts are not worth anything except to the guy who bought them. A modded bike makes for good selling point or to distinguish it over others for sale but the overall value of the bike is the same.

I recommend you sell the parts yourself and sell the bike for market value. No use in loosing money more money on the parts.

Of course there is always a chance that there is a buyer at the price you are asking so it is worth a try. If it does not sell then try something else.

good luck!

I thought about parting the good stuf out and replacing w/ the OEM gear, but I just don't care to go thru all that effort. $4k isn't far off the mark when you see the basically plain-jane 07s either on ebay or here locally. It is higher than normal though. I could probably get more than $4k if I parted it as described above i.e. the triples and ex system alone. Tire, etc. would only add to it.

I lost money the day I bought the bike then fitted it w/ all that stuf before I even rode it! I'm not to stressed on the hit I'll take now regardless of what I end up getting. :bonk:

I just need to get it out of my shop; it's my only remaining MXer and my wife is starting to give me the look; it's been 3+ months since my wreck and she thinks I'm thinking of not giving MX up. :bonk:

What you getting to replace it. An 09 fo-fiddy? :bonk:

I actually had an '09 450:

DSC01352.jpg

Came unglued on 7-4 and the deal w/ my wife was one more big get-off and I'd hang it up; a deal's a deal... :bonk:

Erik_Hip24.jpg

Since I can't live w/o something to challenge me, I "replaced" moto w/ one of these:

DSC02848.jpg

Just not as fast or anywhere near as challenging, but it'll have to do...

Whoa, wait so your out of moto? Man I ride my 450 like a girl to prevent injuries, better to ride like a girl than to not ride. :bonk:

Dude was that 09 the shizzle or what! Did not know you had one too.

hey, good luck on the bike thing. Lots of good mountain bike racing to be had actually. Sweet Trek!

I figured most everyone here knew...

Lots of people said the same thing... chill a bit. That's not in my blood and I'm beyond that kind of self-control! I was starting to catch mid-20s B riders and having a freakish year of improvement. :bonk:

I had my mind sent on twin EFI'd 250Fs too. I actually had my '07 450, the '09 450 and my '07 250F all at the same time. Even w/ that range of machines, the 250F won out 98% of the time. I sold both 450s and started to focus real hard on riding well and was doing very well, then scrubbed a bit more off on a table than I should have my hip went "pop"!

Aside from flat out intamacy, my '07 250F and I had each other figured out. It's a great bike and "we" were so dialed in... to see it sitting there knowing where I got on it, just eats me up, but I can't do this (injury) again and knowing it happened once only tells me it can happen again and dislocating a hip isn't something I want to try again - EVER. To know it would only take a fraction of a similar impact to send it out again hurts!

i have seen injuries like that from bicycle wrecks also. a local cyclist was killed just a few weeks ago. if you don't want to get injured maybe you should stay on the couch and play on the ps2 or 3. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but all action sports and action hobbies result in injuries. -------- i would ask 4 grand for the mx bike if no takers sell the cool parts seperate and sell the bike as a nice stocker. most people i know are afraid of hopped up 250f's i'm not but they are. good luck!!!!!!!

if you don't want to get injured maybe you should stay on the couch and play on the ps2 or 3. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but all action sports and action hobbies result in injuries.

Hmmm, well... I don't recall him saying he did not want not get hurt at all ever.

Sooooo what you are saying is all ports are equeally risky? BMX racing is justas risky as free style mx? Pretty sure he is picking something with a lower risk. You can die taking a shower so what ever take one? Pretty sure your post is close to the silliest thing I ever read. :bonk:

SUcks to hear you are getting out of it. I would buy that bike in a second for 4k, around here in BC 06-07 stock used bikes go for 4000-5000. That bike with those upgrades and all those parts for 4k, great deal.

Sucks to see the trek will be the only 2 wheeled monster in the garage.

Stay sharp or get sloppy, but you won't change. I bet u get the wifey to let u back in after a while

i would take that deal for 4, knowing me i would have to try to bargain you down to 3,500 but if you would not take it i would go for 4. i love the bike and the AM parts you have on it defanitly dont come cheap! defanitly try for 4 first. it makes me sad to hear you get out of it even tho i have no idea who you are. MX is VERY dangerous however trail riding is not so much, in utah there has to be some sick trails some where, just to hell with MX and take up trail riding aye?

and this thread is just one more reason why i dont want to get married

...and this thread is just one more reason why i dont want to get married

Trust me, after fracturing and dislocating a hip and the pain involved, my wife could roll twin 2010s set up my way and I wouldn't ride. I got way lucky this round even though I was a trauma patient. At "my age" and w/ my responsibilities, I don't want to risk what I really love for simply riding moto. Moto is cool, but not cool enough.

There are days that I'm riding (MTB) and I can't help but acknowledge I can get just as jacked up coming unglued from the MTB, but my wife is/was cool w/ the swap so I'll take it. MTBing ain't nowhere near the thrill though. I was just starting to hang some real whips out, corning like I meant it, etc.

Oh well...

Tough break. oddly I hurt my self a lot more when I rode bikes then moto, but also all my riding buddies were scary big pros (flow R.I.D.E.R.S) and a few tv shows.

I get hurt less flying 100ft on a dirt bike then 25 on a mountain bike lol.