Sign in to follow this  

Rowher Flats/ Nov 7 Opens!

Maybe they can concoct a cool winter closure:banana:

Sorry, I am just getting over being laughed at when asking a Ranger about the Alamo closure and an opening date. It would be cool to have it open. I have never been there, that I am aware of at least:excuseme:

It's only a few minutes from my place, I'd love to see it open on the 7th. I'll be surprised if that gate is opened up..

Where did you hear this?

I would love for it to be true.... but I got a feeling :bonk:

I just got off of the phone with the Santa Clara/Mojave Ranger district. If nothing happens betweens now and then she said it would be open November 8th (yeah, 2009). Hell ****** yeah.

Bam! Biff! Oomph! Holy guacamole Batman, the area may be back on the menu after all. :bonk: :bonk:

You are off your meds today aren't you. Great news though.

I have not ridden in that area in about 20 years. I took my son there to learn how to ride his 50 about 16 years ago, but I did not ride. I might have to go up there for a Sat morning ride to check it out next month.

You are off your meds today aren't you. Great news though.

I have an "F"ing tooth ach from a root canal and a cracked tooth. Hydrocodone 800 only works for while. So, I am actually on my meds today, that is the problem, I am cranky as all shizz. Hope the wife and kids are ready when I get home. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :lol:

I have an "F"ing tooth ach from a root canal and a cracked tooth. Hydrocodone 800 only works for while. So, I am actually on my meds today, that is the problem, I am cranky as all shizz. Hope the wife and kids are ready when I get home. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :lol:

Feel better then.

It's only a few minutes from my place, I'd love to see it open on the 7th. I'll be surprised if that gate is opened up..

If its not open im goin around! I am tired of waiting. :bonk:

If its not open im goin around! I am tired of waiting. :bonk:

We can always slip in from the the power plant area.. It'll be nice to have something new close to home..

I think I be doing a after work ride on opening day. Most likely solo since it will be pitch black.

I can't wait. I'll be riding the Drinkwater to Rowher and back ride several times a week.

I can't wait to see some of those trails again. Now I will be able to ride from the house. I will be putting some hours on the bike now.

Damn, I can't help but think of the greatest band in the world, Cinderella's song, "Don't know what you got til it's gone" :headbang:

Really lookin' forward to the close proximity. NOT looking forward to the 5 drunk people with their 6 yr old sitting next to their flipped Bronco with blood all over them, sitting on top of their cooler (after throwing dozens of empties on the ground beside it, demanding I give THEM ALL a ride to their house (not the hospital). AND THAT WAS ON THE PAVEMENT NEAR THE ENTRANCE! They took off the plates and were grinding down the VIN # as I approached. Good times.

I know this may be premature but, who's down for some midweek, late morning rides there? I plan on my old routine of AT LEAST once a week.

:bonk:

Hope we're not jumpin' the gun here by gettin' too excited..........