jetting,, open airbox - and full hmf

hey i have an o3 z400 i just got my full hmf off ebay and i have a open airbox cover ,, i beleive the guy before me put a dyno jet kit in it ,, {or maybe just the sticker}? but anyway first off i was thinking about 155 or 160? for the main with the mikuni jet {i dont have easy access to dyno jet's} and also if it is a dyno jet needle is that ok to use with the mikuni jet's?,, and what position? third? and should i be going up at all on the pilot 1 size or should i be ok with the stock one? Im also at sea level ,, any help would appreciated

Ive got a 165 main in mine and doing the same as you are by running with no lid.

I'd say you will be OK on the pilot jet but it wouldnt hurt to pick up a few that are a few sizes smaller or bigger.

If you notice and popping or cackling from the engine after you do this then you know what to change.

oh and that full hmf with an open filter "filter wear's cover,, def made a diff in acceleration and power,,, not always the easiest to tell when riding but i dragged my buddy on a paved road and with stock jetting and a yosh slip on we stayed even for the first 3 gears i believe he is geared down a bit because he went throught the gears faster he pulled me by about a quad and he was already in 5th and when i shifted into 5th i started pulling on him ,, after opening up the airbox and full pipe 1st race i pulled him all the way through fourth and he pulled on me a little then when i started to wind 5th i was pulling on him again , and the last race i pulled him all the way through every gear and kept walking away top speed,,, now keep in mind this is a 440 ex with stage 2 cams rev box and a slip on white bros,, he was trash talking pretty hard i think if i dropped my gearing slighty and had a rev box id pull him through every gear because 4th and 5th wouldnt be so "long" spaced apart and rev through each gear longer,, but not without drz springs,,,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...