Rev Box

Suzuki

I have a 2005 Z400 with recently installed K&N filter (I took the airbox lid off) as well as full Yoshi pipe, I jetted it appropriately and the difference is noticeable from stock. My question is aftermarket rev boxes. Which do you guys reccommend? What can I reasonably expect out of them performance wise? Any input will help.

The dyna box seems to be the best,despite its price.Stay away from the alba box,and the cheap ones on ebay.You will be able to rev higher,producing a lil more power maybe,with the mods you have.Im not too sure Id put one on with stock valve springs tho.If you over rev the stock valve springs,you may float a valve.

Dyna box is not out for the 05 yet.

what is up with rev boxes...if u have to rev it that high to get the power you want, get a new quad. Besides your engine won't last long if you do rev it higher than the stock rev limiter.

rev boxes simply make the engine have 1500 or more RPM's over stock.. Some people hate the YFZ's and TRX's... Simply because they cost to much for the quality you get.

Before installing the revbox, Your gonna need to ( YES need to ) install DRZe valve springs.. with the engine revving higher and the vavle's are going up and down instantly... The stock springs wont cut it on the Z. Ask any racer and they will tell you why they have drz springs.

I did alot of research on this add on.. Decided not to do it. Like crazy400 said they make the engine not last as long. Well thats true, The more RPM's your engine is hitting the more stress your putting on it.

Revboxes don't do shit but make it start harder... the "power" they add is all in your head. You wanna step up to the next thing? If I were you i'd save up for suspension.. No sence in having all that power if you cant control it. :bonk:

you know i listened for a while to people who said they did nothing and i finally got one, it is amazing how much better it is (crf-150) NO it is NOT in my head, it feels lighter, revs faster, which equals slower 0-whatever times!!! it is flatout the best mod. it gave a mild crf 150 a hit from 2-3 gear, and made it flickable around corners just flick it around and power out!

a crf150 is not a Z400 hillclimbenfool, No offence or anything but they arent even in the same category.. Different mods do different things on different machines. :bonk:

the only rev box i think would be worth trying is the one offered from advantage perf. (rev max). i'm pondering the same thing. i agree, every dyno sheet i've ever seen from stock all the way to 510cc's these motors stop making power after7500 to 8000 rpm so the stock rev limiter is fine, but i think theres something to the changing of the ign. timing curve to taylor power to your riding. advantage's box has 9 settings--3 curves w/ stock rev limit, 3 w/+1000 rpm, and 3 w/+2000 rpm for $190.00. seems like the best bang for the buck to me even thou most times you do get what you pay for. that's my opinion hope it helps.

Vortex is the only 05-06 specific (ie 3d) box available currently that I am aware of.

spring are a must with the dyna... even though i ran mine for months before doing the head work.. floating a valve is a bad thing but as long as your not taching it out all the time you can get away without the springs for awhile... but your taking chances and the dyna offers way more then just a higher rev limit...

most of you are right rev boxes do nothing I have a dyno they are designed to let you rev just so you wont have to shift before a double or into a corner nothing more but the ajustable ones do put power in diff place so that can be a bonus

I know that a 150 and kfx 400 are different but alot of people say that they do nothing other than raise the ceiling. This is FAR from the truth. I have personally seen one for the z/kfx that allowed shift lights/tach/clutch less shifting, and MANY MANY more things. Its the general idea of a rev box

I know that a 150 and kfx 400 are different but alot of people say that they do nothing other than raise the ceiling. This is FAR from the truth. I have personally seen one for the z/kfx that allowed shift lights/tach/clutch less shifting, and MANY MANY more things. Its the general idea of a rev box

yea its called a dyna... most other rev boxes just raise the rev limit. but the better ones do change the power curve...

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR SOMETIMES....