Drilling the Pipe?

there is a screw underneath the tail pipe....once you remove it you can twist and pull out the spark arrestor.....then you will need a 12" extension made for drill bits( you can get at Home Depot / Lowes etc.) some folks use a 1/4 drill bit and drill 8-10 holes at the bottome of the baffle....I used a hole saw and took all of it out.....don't remember the size but thinking it was 1-1/2" hole saw. Now you will not want to remove the spark arrestor if you ride on any State or Goverment Parks...for some reason the rangers don't like you riding without em :bonk:

what are you talking about drilling the pipe? where? and don't take the arrester out just buy a slip on and be done with it. and taking out you arrester does help the machine not just making it louder. it helps the machine breath. better breathing means the bike runs better and means more power.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking about doing this. I cant see spending a couple hundred dollars for a cool looking noisy pipe.

Several times guys pull up thinking their bike is faster just because they spent a couple hundred on their pipe. Not always the case. :bonk:

Did it make much difference in performance after you drilled the stock pipe?

• 4 weeks later...