Anybody got an LT-R 450 yet?

Look for info on other sites - its a bit dead for quads here !

Having said that my friend has had one for a month now and it is a good bike.

It is low wide and quite grunty and is pretty much ready to race right out of the crate !

All you need is some nerfs and a kill switch - I say go for one !

:bonk:

I own one. I have not ridden it much yet but plan on taking it to Dumont Dunes for Easter weekend. One thing I can say is that it handles great. I have only run it around the dirt lot at a semi local MX track and it does donuts better than anything I have ridden. Tons of power too once you remove the spark arrestor and air box lid.

I'm going to ride an LT-R tomorrow. I can give you my impression of it on Monday. I'm a little biased, though... I already think it's the best ATV just by looking at what it has and it's specifications. Hopefully that suspension works as good as it looks!

PR, we've got to stay together. EFI may be great, but I still think I can jet better than the EFI that comes on quads nowadays. If it was port fuel injection that might be another story. I've got an 04 and if I'm in shape and can hold on long enough, nothing is faster on the track (last two years anyway). The YFZ is the best!

Stumpy

• 3 weeks later...

i am a proud owner of the ltr 450, after addin yoshi exhaust a cherry bomb and elka front shocks, i liked it better a lot better. i race on 3 local tracks and everyone even i was impressed in how it handled. after takin 3 2nd places 2 3rd and and 1 1st i will never get back on a 450r.

i rode one at pismo dunes last weekend and those things are sweet!!! i didn't have any trouble shifting without the clutch like someofthe reviews were saying and it took the bowls very nicely. i like it alot better than my buddies trx450 but haven't gotten a chance to ride the yfz yet.

i was ready to buy yfz 450 or rap. 700 anything but the ltr 450, i thought it was for track only. then a buddy of mine (big time quad guy) said it would be great for desert, dunes and so on.... i do not know what to do. great sport we love, can not test drive anything, stuck with what we get.

I took one around the parking lot of a dealership. It had the Yoshi pipe and cherry bomb and I wasn't all that impressed with the motor. The handling was what got my attention. It turned better than the Honda and Yamaha. The power delivery is strange but I think it would be better once you got used to it. It comes on hard and levels off like a powervalved 2-stroke. Getting back one the guy who said it did great donuts. That really means a lot to me. My old 250R and Banshee would turn and sling around on a dime. My wifes 450R just wants to pack the front-end. Thats looks cool but actually sucks. Honda really missed to handling on the 450R's. They are " trail bikes " untill you replace everything. I saw a guy race one this weekend in beginner class and the bike was bone stock. If anyone could make it look bad it would be beginner class and the bike was what got him around the track. I believe Suzuki has got the ball rolling. I'll have one probably at the end of the summer. I can't wait.

I ride mine on the trails and it works great!! Turns on a dime and is extremely well planted.. It is funny how the poeple that don't own one are the ones saying it is weak! All those that do own them would say otherwise. And those of us that have raced the YFZ's, TRX's etc, know better! MY LTR plain and simply rocks! Trails, dunes, it does not matter. The quad flat out rips and will out handle ANYTHING in it's class! The only thing the quad needs is to be un corked which mine is!

I think they look pretty good. The only thing I did not like about mine was the front fenders. Once I cut them, it changed the look. I also removed the factory head light and added Trail Tech lights in addition to a new front bumper/skid plates, skids for the A-Arms, bottom and swing arm skids as well as Bling Star nerfs with built in heal guards. While I am a Yamaha person by heart, I do like the look of my LTR. I think they look very agressive with their low wide stance and with cut fenders, they look even more agressive.

is it just me or are those things kinda ugly?

When did the trx450r become so handsome? I remember people commenting on how ugly it was when it was introduced. Like anything else, a bike's "looks" will grow on you or else you just stop caring once you start having fun.

• 4 weeks later...

If dealers allowed people to test drive quads or bikes, would you want to pay $8,000 to buy one? I would not. I've seen a few dealers that will have a demo bike use it for 6 months or so and sell it as a DEMO bike (ie. used). I've seen others that try to pass a slightly used demo bike off as new, I never go back to these places myself.

Swaping bikes with a buddy works best, you just need to have a buddy with the right biike/quad. :bonk: