05 Wolverine

I have a 2005 Yamaha wolverine and I want to get a aftermarket pipe on it. I'm having a tough time on deciding. Price really isnt an issue. Anyone have any advice? I also want more power what should I do first.

• 3 months later...

having owned an older model wolv. most mods that a warrior would is good for these also. and as far as moving to a sport quad while they have their uses they suck in anything that is over 3-4 inches deep and really soft.

i currently own a modded warrior and an 07 wolverine 450 4x4 with pipe,jet,clutch kit and already had the head ported,polished and cam.

i run gncc utility class and some times my run times are better than the average shmo on a yfz. i have actually stopped on the trail to pullo them from the common muck found there. but in the dry stuff the yfz & other 450 class sport quads will run circles around me in the woods dry they cant lose me. but good luck either way you go.

Got my wife the 05-350 wolverine and just put a WARN 424 lock out on it. They preform a lot better in 2wd (and a lot more fun:ride: ) But next we will be going with a pipe and airbox.

Yes, this would be me!:bonk: Wow, been on here for a year and never noticed this forum. So glad the hubby found it. I have an '05 Wolverine named Skippy, and finaaly got it out in the dirt at Durhamtown Plantation in GA. We had a blast. This is my first quad, and I did a lot of research on all makes and models before I decided on this one. It is a black one, and only mods so far are the warn 424 and a skid plate. Also got it a purse:lol: (hard cargo box). I have to say, I am VERY pleased with it's performance. Didn't top it out or treat it to hard since it was first time out and wanna get to know it better before I go crazy. Have to say, it stood up to anything my hubby led me through-and Lord there was a few times my cheeks clenched!:bonk: If anyone's ever up for a group trip to Durhamtown, I am in. Nice to meet you all, and hope to chat again soon.

Hayley

If I ever was to get a pure trail quad, it would be the Wolverine 450. It's a bad ass little trail machine that will go anywhere you are brave enough to take it. :bonk:

I was told the Wolverine 450 is really the Kodiak 450 underneath.

I am not familiar enough w/ the Kodiak to comment RPYFZ. I did get to ride the Wolverine 450 and that was a fun trail quad. I went places w/ it that my YFZ wouldn't go. So it was aslow trail ride but still fun. Sort of like exploring.