Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha 2007 yfz450 Pipe Suggestions

Just got a 2007 450 and want to get some opinions on the which exhaust system (slip on and head pipe) I should be considering. It is my wifes bike and she says she just wants it to haul ass. She weighs about 110 pounds. She was riding a piped Banshee so she is a little spoiled when it comes to speed. Thanks in advance for the opinions.

I was just reading some articles in Dirt wheels and I guess the DRD (Dubach Racing Development) was the overall winner on power, quietness, and price. Anyone have one of those on their bike?

I want to replace my muffler w/ a slip on but I just want a little more power but not more noise. Is there such a thing? A little more grunt is OK but I can't have a dirt bike type of noise on our trails. Also, is there another header pipe we can get that tucks away from our legs a little better on the YFZ's? :bonk:

I also went with the Yosh RS-7 slip on and I am happy with it. It is not crazy loud. Got it from the Thumpertalk store.

Do not waist your money on the GYTR systems.You will want something else in the future. The Dr. D is out dated and there are better choices out there for the money.

As far as getting the head pipe in away from your leg, you are out of luck there.

So I think I've been talked into the Yoshi exhaust. The next question is should I go with the full system or just the slip on? and should I go with the TRC Pro Series or the TRC Competition Series?

i think yoshi is so overated if you wanna look into something different there is Nmotion, HMF, FMF, and im running the TEAM ALBA pipe on my raptor and ridden a yfz with the alba pipe i liked it check it out they have a kit that comes with the full exhaust, k&n, and the required jets

So I think I've been talked into the Yoshi exhaust. The next question is should I go with the full system or just the slip on? and should I go with the TRC Pro Series or the TRC Competition Series?

The Pro Series is titanium which weighs half as much as the Competition (which is stainless), but the Pro costs twice as much.

As far as should you get the full system or the slip-on, it depends. If you are just a weekend rider who wants your quad to sound better and be faster, just get a slip-on. However, if you are a racer who wants every last possible hp you can get out of your engine, get the full system.

Eric, you can say that the Yoshi is overrated all you want, but lots of people out there are very happy with their Yoshi pipes. Yoshi pipes have arguably the best quality on the market and really dont cost any more than any other pipe on the market.

You mentioned the Alba pipe. I considered getting that pipe for my YFZ but my researched revealed the Alba pipe to make your quad louder, but didnt gain you anything beyond that. Dirt Wheels magazine did a pipe shootout last year and they claimed that Alba pipe put out the same horsepower the stock pipe did. :bonk: They claimed the Curtis Sparks pipe was the best, but I think that any of the more well-known brands will work just fine (Yoshi, WB, ect...)

according to dyno results ive seen on 20+ pipes run on the same dyno on the same day, the hp leader was the white bros carbon system. then me and everyone else came to find out while they rage, they also crack and blow out the end caps and fall apart after 3 rides. i went and bought an hmf the next day. been very happy with it and best of all, its still intact. but all the pipes work. everyone will say this ones best or that ones best, but at comp hill there isnt anyone clear winner. im sure any would do just fine.

If you don't care about noise and want tons of low end, TC Racing is a good one. However it is freaking loud, like 115 db or something ridculous like that.

I ride with two guys who have HMFs and the seem to be pretty good.

hey i have had 5 pipes for my yfz and so far the best has been a alba pipe ive had a yoshi and after about a summer of riding the bracket broke the same with the dr.D but i havnt had a single problem with my alba and i have a 4 mill crank with a high comp piston and every other mod exept valves

hey man the sparks is the best pipe for racing if your willing to give up a little in the bottom for more top and the yoshis suck they brake all the time and if you dont repack them every 8hr of riding then yoshi wont replace them that sounds like a good company to me and i have a alba pipe and i picked up three horse over your presouse yoshi there garbage and they dont stand behind there pipes

CT Racing on mine they have discs so you can adj them for dbs.