grizzly 350 autotranny?

Yamaha

hey, got an 07 grizzly 350 irs and its great and all, but I hate this autotransmission thing, it has no torque, or speed, tops out at like 25mph, what is wrong? am I missing something?? what do I need to do to open this beast up? Its a great atv, 4x4, diff lock, independant rear susp. It goes everywhere I want it to, but it doesnt do it quickly, and doesnt really feel like a fourwheeler should..help!

Have u been in any deep mud? Sounds like your clutch needs regreasing. Get back on the mud or not.

yea, but i t was the same since weve had it, it didnt change after I took it in the mud,,,

It has to be something with the transmission. It's the ultramatic tranny right? i know that the 350 go about 45+ out of the box. Go to Grizzhopper.com. It has info on how to clean and regrease a Grizzly clutch and the same should work w/ yours.

Somethings up, my 01 4x4 wolverine will pull the mid's 40's easy. If it had a 6th gear even more.

I think our 250 Bruin will hit 40, so a 350 should do better than that.

why did they switch to this auto stuff? I personally like to select my own gear.. and they dont thave the get up and go like a manual tranny does... seems like a bogged down motor..

on the grizzhopper site are you refering to the clutch maintainance thing? should I just check it and see first if it needs it...

Anyone here have a 2007 grizzly 4x4 irs ? im just askin to see if maybe yamaha changed something that would affect the speed...

hey, Im also still in break-in, would that have anything to do with it??

maybe the seals havent worn in yet so there is still a lot of friction... Im only on half tank of gas or so, and 11miles on the odo...

I have the 06 or 05 bruin 350 4x4 with that ultramatic tranny and I like it alot because instead of worry about shifting and stuff you can just worry about get the load their safe. I don't know exactly why they did the no shifting thing probably because most people that ride them are maybe older or they just want the quad to be super easy to use like it is. But I like the ultramatic alot.

The "break in" has nothing to do with it. On the Grizzhopper site. Check it and see how good it is greased. While u are in there you might as well do it good.

On auto tranny's. Whoever said the manual have more get up and go is way off. Has nothing to do w/ a tranny. My Grizz 660 is great w/ the ultramatic. Couldnt ask for a better transmission.

The best thing about a CVT is that you are never in the wrong gear! :bonk:

what i mean is like in an automatci tranny car, you have to wait for it to downshift to get acceleration, but in a manual, you select a gear and go... the autotranny is sluggish, and has its peak power mid rpm range, whereas if you could select a first gear, then it would have the low gearing power.. I dunno, either you like it or you dont, but I think it all has to do with the motor, you guys with the 660 and 700 models probably have plenty of torque and power, and i think you also have a high and low gearing?? I only have a forward, neutral, and reverse.. put your 660 in high gear and go climb a steep hill from dead standstill at the bottom, youll see what I mean by wanting more torque.. I dont think I can even spin my tires if I were to nose onto a tree, it would just revv and bog....

I guess i used to think the same way. I was all about not having an auto. Until I rode one. The auto tranns has no "Gears" to shift down to. lol. It has rollers and sheaves that squeeze the belt together and apart. U don't try to climb a hill in high gear. I will try it though if u will put yours in 5th and climb it. You take the time that it would take a manual to shift into first and climb the hill. No prob at all. W/ even a 350. Now when it comes to sport. Im with ya. Its just fun. At the same time though. I outrun a lot of sport quads w/ my big heavy beast. lol

I only have one forward gear, so I have to climb in high gear,,, the 350 doesnt have a low gearing option..