Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha 94 Blaster has no spark after tear down

Well this winter I took my 94 blaster (it ran fine) apart and painted the frame, rims, motor and put new rings in it. So I just got everything back together and I go to start it and it dosent start. I checked the spark and there in none. Now before i took it apart it had the headlight and brakelight taken off. So when I put it back together I cut off the wires that gos back tothe brakelight and I cut off the brake light sensor. I also took off the control on the handle bar thats for the headlight and kill switch. Since it had no spark I plugged it back in but that still didnt work. So now what do I do. Is there spots that I can check with the OHM meter to pin point the problem. I already checked all my connections and sanded down the grounds. Does it matter what side of the coil the ground is on? thanks

On most blasters there is a safety feature with 2 wires that come from the brake assembly on the handle bars, (I'm pretty sure) well anyway there will be 2 wires that plug into a connector under the hood just in front of the Handle bars, disconnect those wires, strip them and butt connect them together, Ive had to do it to 3 blasters, it cuts the fire to the motor when they get older and gives you problems. also the two wires that connect to the throttle mechanism on top of the carb disconnect them also and butt connect them together also, totally bypassing the connector plug rerouting the power back to the motor, another uneeded problem causer, I just recently did it to my nieces blaster and my new 05 as soon as I got it. My neices wouldnt even start until I did it and now it starts first kick every time.

When you paint the frame and put everything back together, you need to make sure and sand all of your connections off to get a good ground on the frame. Also, not having the kill switch on could be a big factor if you didn't wire it back together right.

Finally figured it out, I guess when i cut out the taillight wires (which was in a bunch with other wires) I accedently cut 3 very impotant wires. So I reconnected them and it runs good. How much do you guess thing

I can get for this blaster. It has a toomy exaust system,DG nerf bars and front bumber, twist throttle, 909 bars, toomy filter, jet kit, oil block off kit, gold frame and A arms, black rims, bumber, nerfs, and plastics. Motor was gone over and looks new. Ill try to post pics tommorow.