Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki z400 problem

hey i have a z400. k to start off my had a busted up key but i straightened it out n used it anyways.then 1 night when i put it away i thought i heard a clicking sound comming from my bike.the next morning i go out there turn the key n theres no power.sooo i call up my brothers friend ryan(who i bought the bike off of) and he comes down plays with the broken ground wire at the battery and gets it going.after he left i fixed the wire with a new end n put it on the battery but now i have no power (again).but i knowticed when ryan was turning the key on n off some times the lights by the key got power sometimes not.sooo i was thinking maybe the key.like when i bypass the solenoid near the battery it turns over but wont start soo maybe the keys the problem. anyone got anything. oooo n i also found the possitve wire to my tether kill cord is disconnected but i have no idea where it connects to.

Its either a bad key switch or something with that tether switch. Im not sure how yours is wired in so i cant say much. I usually just wire mine to ground the coil when the tether pulls out.

Its either a bad key switch or something with that tether switch. Im not sure how yours is wired in so i cant say much. I usually just wire mine to ground the coil when the tether pulls out.

tether grounds to frame on a z400, it's a normally closed circuit.

However there are 50% of people grounding to coil and only a few have had a problem

kevin