Warrior: No spark after 10 minutes of running

Either at an idle or when riding after about 10 minutes our 2001 Warrior dies. No spark at the plug. Most likely culprit is what? Coil? Stator? CDI box? Some other switch/relay? After the machine sits for 15 or 20 minutes it starts again and runs for 10 minutes then again no spark. Help!!!

You could look at my thread on our 2002 Beartracker. Have you tried a new plug? Start at the plug and then coil, stator, cdi. If you have a service manual it will give you info on what each should be. However, I found out the service manual for our Beartracker has bad numbers for the stator. See if you have any resistance across your pick up coil. Good Luck!

• 1 year later...

This sounds like a cdi going out. When the bike warms up and the heat of the engine warm up the cid it expands and looses contact internally. I would start with a plug first then if that doesnt fix it when it is hot and dies push real hard on the back side of the cdi. Many times I have found that this works but only for diag not for a repair.

typically when a coil goes out it goes out and not after 10 min of riding as sam for the stator. When a stator is going out you will TYPICALLY loose power and or get backfiring symptoms under hard load.

Just my 2 cetns

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok as stupid as it sounds check the entire exhaust system for wire touching. I had an old 82 SP125 (bike) that did the same thing. After many headaches with trying to find the reason I noticed a wire on the pipe. When cold the wires insulation was solid but when the pipe got hot it melted and grounded out on the pipe. After 20min it was cool enough it would start and run for 10 again. Hope this is all it is!