87 quadsport 230-o3 ltz400 question

i got one with a bad motor. anything anyone needs in here? all gots to go. replaced it with a 03 ltz400 :bonk: and just picked up a drz400s. i got a quick question about the ltz. are the front wheel bearings serviceable? or am i looking for a whole new hub? turns out riding on the side two wheels for a few miles kills them :bonk: :bonk:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wow

what did you do not put oil in it and pegg it out

tried to fix. failed oil burning and leaking so i pegged it till it died. started it again, did the same thing. started it again did it again, started it again! shut it off and pushed it outta the garage :bonk:

i got one with a bad motor. anything anyone needs in here? all gots to go. replaced it with a 03 ltz400 :bonk: and just picked up a drz400s. i got a quick question about the ltz. are the front wheel bearings serviceable? or am i looking for a whole new hub? turns out riding on the side two wheels for a few miles kills them :bonk: :bonk:

yes the bearings can be replaced , the biggest problem i found with the stock bearings is that there is no grease seal on the inside of the hub, water gets in and things turn to rust

• 2 months later...