Post up pics of your rigs, RVs and toy haulers!

1 hour ago, ASP1227 said:

Keep in mind Weezer is like 70 (I think), it’s gotta be easy for him to load it too. A shorter ramp would make a steeper angle. Not as easy to load a bike when your 70 as when your 40, or 50, or even 60 emoji6.png

Turned 77 yesterday.  It also depends on where you park.  In the pict above the rear wheels of the jeep are sitting in a low spot.  Also, one of my bikes weights 265# and the other 200#.  Also use the ramp occasionally to load on a trailer that is higher than the hitch carrier.  I might add, the 265# bike is about as much as the hitch carrier can handle.

I might also add, (for asp) the hitch carrier has made many trips to Manhattan, KS.

Edited by Weezer the Geezer
  • Like 3

Turned 77 yesterday.  It also depends on where you park.  In the pict above the rear wheels of the jeep are sitting in a low spot.  Also, one of my bikes weights 265# and the other 200#.  Also use the ramp occasionally to load on a trailer that is higher than the hitch carrier.  I might add, the 265# bike is about as much as the hitch carrier can handle.
I might also add, (for asp) the hitch carrier has made many trips to Manhattan, KS.

Happy 77th! That’s good to know, I’ll be there in January. Visited recently when they had that hail storm, it was pretty crazy

11 hours ago, crashhard_17 said:

I joined the mini van club earlier this year. The kids (3) kept fighting in the truck so the wife said that’s enough time for a 3rd row vehicle. Tried really hard to find an suv but to no avail. Then the local lot has this van for a good price. It took a while to get used to but I like having the extra space to put the gear inside the van.

IMG_5428.JPG

I paid $15500.00 OTD with 26K miles on it 2 years old. Thats pretty cheap for a V6 loaded vehicle these days. During the week I keep both bicycles in it for after work riding so no worry about them getting stolen or weathered. Plus boxes of running clothes and shoes. When on a trip I fold all the seats down and put a airr mattress in it, very comfortable. Better than a tent. Just wish I could stand up in it. I am 6' 2" so that dont help. Gas mileage is pretty good. Great vehicle eben though it is a Mini van.

11 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

Happy birthday buddy. 

On 8/11/2018 at 6:32 AM, jsned250 said:

I paid $15500.00 OTD with 26K miles on it 2 years old. Thats pretty cheap for a V6 loaded vehicle these days. During the week I keep both bicycles in it for after work riding so no worry about them getting stolen or weathered. Plus boxes of running clothes and shoes. When on a trip I fold all the seats down and put a airr mattress in it, very comfortable. Better than a tent. Just wish I could stand up in it. I am 6' 2" so that dont help. Gas mileage is pretty good. Great vehicle eben though it is a Mini van.

I've had mini van rentals working out of town. 4 guys, luggage, tool cases, no problem. Mini vans are very practical. Especially with sliders on both sides. Honda, I think, has that?

My wife would never, ever consider having one. Lol

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 8:30 PM, crashhard_17 said:

I joined the mini van club earlier this year. The kids (3) kept fighting in the truck so the wife said that’s enough time for a 3rd row vehicle. Tried really hard to find an suv but to no avail. Then the local lot has this van for a good price. It took a while to get used to but I like having the extra space to put the gear inside the van.

IMG_5428.JPG

I suggest securing those rear wheels. License plate is suspect also. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my setup.  87 Skamper 072S Popup camper on the back of my 07 Tacoma SR5 4x4, towing a lowes 5x8 trailer with my 97 WR250, 05 Raptor 660, and sometimes a lil ssr125 pit bike.  Bought the camper to the tune of $100, and rebuilt it to my specs.  She's old, rough, and if it really down pours, will leak through the canvas, but I camp in primarily dry climates, and she's been great!  Completely self contained too, got a heater, porta potty, stove, shower, water, cooler, its awesome.  Gonna either eventually replace the canvas, or save up and get a Four Wheel Camper shell model, and build that similar to how this is.

Truck handles it pretty well, and I've had to lug it up some steep grades when heading up north.  Gonna put some airbags/upgrade bump stops on it, as the trailer makes her sag a little in the rear/bottom out over really rough roads, but with just the camper on it it sits nice and flush.  

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

If anyone is interested, here is the build thread for the camper!  

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/my-100-skamper-build.194158/

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bikerbill2021 said:

If anyone is interested, here is the build thread for the camper!  

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/my-100-skamper-build.194158/

Very nice! I saw your thread over there. I got some insurance money recently (after being rear ended while riding one of my street bikes) and was on the fence between getting a pop up truck camper (not one that requires too much work as I'm lazy) and replacing the street bike. I ended up seeing a 2017 690 enduro r with just 1300 miles on it and supermoto wheels. I ended up buying the bike. Still, a four wheel camper or something else nice is still on my wish list.

33 minutes ago, Marylander said:

Very nice! I saw your thread over there. I got some insurance money recently (after being rear ended while riding one of my street bikes) and was on the fence between getting a pop up truck camper (not one that requires too much work as I'm lazy) and replacing the street bike. I ended up seeing a 2017 690 enduro r with just 1300 miles on it and supermoto wheels. I ended up buying the bike. Still, a four wheel camper or something else nice is still on my wish list.

Thanks!  Ha its funny you should mention street bikes, as I sold my CBR last fall after too many close calls and had the money stashed away, and a good chunk of that went into this project, kind of mirrored our scenarios in a way!  

10 hours ago, bikerbill2021 said:

Thanks!  Ha its funny you should mention street bikes, as I sold my CBR last fall after too many close calls and had the money stashed away, and a good chunk of that went into this project, kind of mirrored our scenarios in a way!  

I definitely won't criticize anyone for choosing not to ride on the road. I rarely have close calls in my normal commute to work (which is 110 miles round trip) but my accident was an unusual case for me. I took a different route since I was going in late. I stopped at a crosswalk for a pedestrian but the car behind me didn't. It was a 2008 CBR1000RR that was totalled. I had my gear on and am pretty much ok, just sore. The bike had 67,000 miles on it and wasn't worth much for me to sell. However, there are no high mile CBRs for the insurance company to do a comp on so I got $6k for it, probably about 4x what I could have sold it for. :) The rare case where insurance works out pretty well.

15 hours ago, Marylander said:

I definitely won't criticize anyone for choosing not to ride on the road. I rarely have close calls in my normal commute to work (which is 110 miles round trip) but my accident was an unusual case for me. I took a different route since I was going in late. I stopped at a crosswalk for a pedestrian but the car behind me didn't. It was a 2008 CBR1000RR that was totalled. I had my gear on and am pretty much ok, just sore. The bike had 67,000 miles on it and wasn't worth much for me to sell. However, there are no high mile CBRs for the insurance company to do a comp on so I got $6k for it, probably about 4x what I could have sold it for. ? The rare case where insurance works out pretty well.

Man, sucks you got in an accident, but its great you made out a bit on it financially.  My bike was an 05 CBR1000 Repsol edition, number 714 of 1500, it was a bike I wanted and owned for a long time.  After having someone turn left in front of me and brushing my knee on their rear bumper as they cut in front of me, I cut my losses and sold it to a friends shop for sadly less then it was worth.  I loved that bike, but it was time to part with it and I wanted it gone before I changed my mind.  Again, our situations mirroring themselves somewhat!  ?

IMG_9828.JPG
Upgraded mine! Had the Pioneer toy hauler for a little over a year and took it out 25 separate times and probably spent 70 nights in it. Knew when we brought it home it was bottom of the line, but bought it to see if it was something we would really use. So after finding out what we wanted in a toy hauler we picked out this one. 2018 Forest River hyperlite XLR 30 HDS. Can’t wait to get it out, the next two months are gonna be rad!

• Like 5

On 9/23/2018 at 8:45 PM, olddude13 said:

Just picked up a 2016 ATC 8.5 x24'

I had the out side buffed and waxed 

pictures are before buffing

IMG_7122-5.JPG

IMG_7123-4.JPG

Just added  4 bike binderz 

I had to secure the floor to the frame with screws because Atc only welds at the airline track not every plank, you can see the button head screws in one of the pictures

56012753215__E4ADBE0F-9DD1-4D31-A249-A6FBEA28D319.JPG

IMG_7208.JPG

IMG_7209.JPG

Edited by olddude13

22 hours ago, olddude13 said:

Just added  4 bike binderz 

I had to secure the floor to the frame with screws because Atc only welds at the airline track not every plank, you can see the button head screws in one of the pictures

56012753215__E4ADBE0F-9DD1-4D31-A249-A6FBEA28D319.JPG

IMG_7208.JPG

IMG_7209.JPG

Why didn't you use the airline track itself for tying down with the bike binders? I have the same design in my ATC and I love the quick release feature of the track. I am using regular tie-downs though, but have thought about getting bike binders.