What was your first quad?

My first quad was an '87 Banshee. Until then I'd owned an '85 200X, a 350X and a 250R. It's kinda hard to understand, but at that time the quad wasn't universally accepted. I didn't like them because they were heavy, the suspension wasn't as good as my 250R and you couldn't see where you were going if you somehow managed to get the front wheels up. But the first time I saw and heard a Banshee, that was it. I sold the streetbike I had at the time, sold my ATC250R and bought two Banshees, an '87 for me and an '88 for my girlfreind to ride.

The first one I bought for me only was an '86 250r in'96 for $1200, prolly have less< $1900 into it total over the years. Came close to selling it a couple times and glad I didn't. When I bought it it had big homemade racks front and rear, the orig owner used it for prospecting in AZ and the second used it for elk hunting! I put it back in it's element. When I gave it its first top end a few years ago the ring gap was still fine and the new piston/rings didn't add one pound of compression. I had it at dunes in NV,UT, OR. and lots of trail riding, but my favorite is early spring crusted snow riding.

PICT0013.jpg

• Like 1