Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha A couple power mods for 2008 Raptor 250

Hey everyone.

The ATV in question is a 2008 Yamaha Raptor 250 Special Edition. The primary rider wants a little bit more power ( she is 15 years of age ) and wants it louder.

Money wise, it needs to be cheap, no complete exhaust sytems.

I was looking on ebay and found the CNC machined "power tip." Does this make a big difference in the noise level?

The second question is, what mods are available for the airbox, and what air filters are available as well?

Anyone have any input?

well yes i do and if you want to get more power you unfortunately are going to have to spend more money....... we bought our 08 when it first cam out and all that was avail was the GYTR pipe silencer jets and intake. none of which i have been happy with. the intake seems more restrictive than the stock, the pipe and silencer definitely opened it up, but the pipe rusted like two rides in and looks like crap. the silencer is loud and loud equals less riding areas. the jet kit, well i still have yet to get the jetting right.

so i recommend the FMF stuff, you can really wake them up. but buy the better quality products and you'll be much happier.