Adding Barkbusters/ help

Honda

I am adding Barckbusters to my 2007 400EX. I have removed the grip cover but how do I get the part in the handle bar out? I am talking about the part the grip cover screw goes into. I have never seen this set up before. On other bikes I have put Barkbusters on the screw came out and the part in the handle bars usually just slides out. This seems to have two little tabs that hold this nut type of thing from coming out of the handle bar. I just don't want to bend / beat the it out and mess up the end of the bar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Russ

Ditch the heavy steel stock bars, and get some aftermarket bars that will actually work with the barkbusters!

reconranger, what a worthless reply.

I did get the stuff out of the bars. There was a part in the bars that must have been atleast 4-6 inches in length. It had a bunch of rubber orings on it. It must be for vibration.

Just an FYI for anyone else. I just put the screw without the end cap part way back into the the stuff in the bar and then clamped vise grips to the end of the screw sticking out of the bar and tapped the vice grips until this 4 inch long thing came out.

Thanks

Russ

Ditch the heavy steel stock bars, and get some aftermarket bars that will actually work with the barkbusters!
reconranger, what a worthless reply.

Just an FYI for anyone else

That was bit harsh.......

He gave you the best advice....