Jetting Specifications??????

I have a 2007 Suzuki Quadsport z250 My fiance and I are taking them to Idaho for a week. And we have been racking our brains trying to find the jetting specifications for it....:bonk:. Our dealership will not give us any information, so if anyone out there can help us out that would be great.

Jetting is about elevation and temperature. I doubt you'll have jetting issues with a stock 250.

Why are you worried about your jetting?

We were told we might have to jett our quads, going from Nebraska to Idaho the elevation is different. We are headed to a 6100 ft elevation. And we don't know if we have to but cannot find anything in the manual. And cannot find the information anywhere. Our dealership is being a pain and won't answer our question. Therefore I posted here.

6100 ft is high so you'll need less jetting. I'm not sure how much less.....trial and error.

I would try running w/o the airbox lid and see how she runs.

^^^^ what he said

A very good rule of thumb when traveling from seal level to 6k feet is drop your main jet 2 sizes from stock. Yes a fine tune would require a needle adjustment and pilot, but if it is just for a vacation trip I would just do the main jet change.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By XmxnickX
      Street legal with lots of functional mods that include: Yoshimura RS3 full exhaust system, JD jetting kit installed, K&N air filter (regular filter included also), 3X3 airbox mod, Sisneros Speedworks handlebar mounted on/off fan switch, Unibiker black aluminum radiator guards, Thumpertalk aluminum case guards, Thumpertalk HD skid plate, desmogged, Zeta aluminum handguards with deflectors, Supermoto Engineering front axle sliders, peg sliders, handlebar end sliders and billet rear axle blocks with sliders installed, EBC red brake pads, Continental Contiforce SM tires (75% tread remaining), Sisneros Speedworks battery bracket with battery box modded to use a YTZ10S battery for better amps/performance, DRC Edge LED tail light assembly, aftermarket turn signals, Carbon Fiber license plate frame, Custom MDF graphics imported from Japan, MSR extended shifter lever, manual cam chain tensioner and magnetic drain plug.

The bike has been adult owned by someone who has owned over 15 motorcycles and does his own maintenance. The bike has been serviced ever 500-700 miles. I just performed an oil change, new air filter and checked the valves and all are well within spec. The bike runs flawless and is in excellent condition. The bike has never been down or even tipped over. Currently the mileage is 5,XXX miles and I purchased the bike 9 years ago with under 1,000 miles on it from another adult owner that had many motorcycles. I am selling due to lack of use recently and the bike is too nice to be sitting around. The registration is good through August 2018.
      Thanks for you interest and email me at SoCalMan922© with any questions you have. 

If you are interested in the bike but were looking for a bike with better offroad capability I also have a very nice set of Excel complete wheels with tires, rims, spokes, sprockets and everything ready to turn the bike into an offroad bike in 30 minutes. Please email me if you have any questions at the email address above. Thanks!
    • By MotoXRacer_19
      Does anyone know how to, or if you can, change your AMA number? The race number, not the full thing. 
    • By MrPickles
      I have a 1990 Suzuki RMX250 for sale.  It was bought from a friend who bent the crank back in 2000 and took it completely apart (down to the nuts, bolts, and washers).  The frame was powder coated black.  New crank case bearings, new gaskets for crank case, cylinder, and cylinder head.  All transmission bearings were cleaned and checked for wear or damage.  The crank was rebuilt and balanced by a local Harley shop.  New OEM piston and rings.  Cylinder and head are in excellent condition and worth almost as much as the entire bike, I think.  Brand new FMF Gold Fatty pipe.  New front and rear Renthal sprockets and new D.I.D. chain.  New grips.  Includes the original headlight and odometer (not shown), Mikuni TM38 carb has been cleaned and rebuilt.  Seat is original and in perfect condition. Runs perfectly.  Could use some new plastics, new foot pegs, front fork seals, rear tire, and a tune by someone better than I.  Pink slip in hand, but hasn't been registered in years.  Will throw in a Clymer manual.  The bike is a rocket and too tall for my 5'9" frame.  I'd like something a little more convenient to ride with my young kids. Asking $1800 OBO.  Serious inquiries only please.  Price doesn't include any shipping.   
    • By faizakhtar125
      Hey guys I just bought a bike last night. So the seller said the bike will turn on but then die. We didn't try it because it was really late at night and it was raining (seat was wet). But he said if you bump start it, it will turn on and ride. So what do you think the problem is? I just want to make sure it runs... I probably won't be able to bump start it till Saturday (rain)... It's a four stroke, and I know absolutely nothing about them. Thanks.
    • By Christo6060
      Should I buy this bike my uncle just sold one and said in good condition they’re worth from $600 to $1200 and if I could get it for $300 it would be a good deal.