Fcr39 mod

Suzuki

A buddy has a ltz400 and he wants to install a fcr39 , i know from drz400 tt forum that for my bike ( drz400 ) the right fcr must have a removable air bell intake to have a clean install + 'E model manifold intake .

Is it the same for the ltz400 or he can find a cheaper one without a removable air bell ?

And finally i know that there are way more verified jetting options for the removable air bell intake fcr than the other for drz400 , is this the same deal with ltz400 too ? If he install a fcr what cables he should run , stock or from another model ?

A buddy has a ltz400 and he wants to install a fcr39 , i know from drz400 tt forum that for my bike ( drz400 ) the right fcr must have a removable air bell intake to have a clean install + 'E model manifold intake .

Is it the same for the ltz400 or he can find a cheaper one without a removable air bell ?

And finally i know that there are way more verified jetting options for the removable air bell intake fcr than the other for drz400 , is this the same deal with ltz400 too ? If he install a fcr what cables he should run , stock or from another model ?

many guy's like my self are using a fcr from a YFZ 450 ,this carb does not have a removable bell ,but one can be installed depending on which air boot

your wanting to use .

one boot that is very popular is a boot from a trx400ex ,you do have to mod the boot alittle and the air box also will need modded to get the boot to fit

correctly, all this has been done severl time and is not that hard to do.

i have pic's if you need them

thank you cataway ! Some pics would be great !

stock boot and ex boot

9-21-2007LS027.jpg

fcr with idle mod

9-21-2007LS025.jpg

air box mod

9-21-2007LS013.jpg

small end of the boot cut to fit

Picture043.jpg

big end of boot cut

02-02-2008LS009.jpg

some idea of how it should look

P1180021.jpg