yfz450 cam mod

Yamaha

i have a 2004 yfz450

with a k&n and ldr pro4/GYTR header

and im thinking of doing the cam mod

could somebody tell me what they think of it and if it hurts the engine or anything?

thanks

The cam mod gave me some top end that I didn't have before w/o losing low end grunt. Some people have complained that they lost some low end but I didn't notice that. The mod is free and is reversible so if you don't like it, you can always change it back but I have never heard of anyone doing that! :bonk:

Definitely worth it. The cam mod won't affect jetting, but be sure your bike is dialed in. With supporting mods (intake, exhaust), the cam mod and a properly jetted carb will result in a night and day difference in performance.

ur gonna love it buddy

How do you do the cam mod

How do you do the cam mod

There are several videos online for the procedure. It is fairly easy, but I am mechanically inclined. Definitely not a job for a beginner. Fwiw it is going to involve loosening the timing chain, and actually adjusting the timing of the exhaust cam. You are basically removing the exhaust cam from the head. Just to give you an idea of what the basic job is.

If you have some hours on the bike, it will be a good idea to check your valve clearances while it is apart as well.