Sign in to follow this  

Quad Recomendations

Well I just recently joined this forum because im intrested in purchasing a quad. Ive been riding dirt bikes and I have always wanted to get a quad. Now im planning on buying a used quad, I have ridden a TRX 250ex, and an LTZ 250 not bad but I know that I am going to need more power eventually. I am looking at an LTZ 400, or a Banshee since ive always dreamed of having one. Ive also looked into buying a Blaster and making it a project bike. How well do these quads hold up especially the Banshee? Im 5'8 155 pounds.

All the Shee has going for it is a thrilling powerband. In its day that was special, but now every 450 and up is just as thrilling, so what's the point in buying a machine that has terrible two generation old frame that never did handle very well anyway?

The Z400, 400EX, and Raptor 700 are all good all-around trail machines. For a more thrilling ride on an ultralight machine, then the 450's! The 450's are however better suited for more open country, rather than tight trails.

All the Shee has going for it is a thrilling powerband. In its day that was special, but now every 450 and up is just as thrilling, so what's the point in buying a machine that has terrible two generation old frame that never did handle very well anyway?

The Z400, 400EX, and Raptor 700 are all good all-around trail machines. For a more thrilling ride on an ultralight machine, then the 450's! The 450's are however better suited for more open country, rather than tight trails.

Great advice. :bonk:

Well I just recently joined this forum because im intrested in purchasing a quad. Ive been riding dirt bikes and I have always wanted to get a quad. Now im planning on buying a used quad, I have ridden a TRX 250ex, and an LTZ 250 not bad but I know that I am going to need more power eventually. I am looking at an LTZ 400, or a Banshee since ive always dreamed of having one. Ive also looked into buying a Blaster and making it a project bike. How well do these quads hold up especially the Banshee? Im 5'8 155 pounds.

What type of riding are you planning on doing?

It's hard to beat the 400z as a good all around "do it all" quad. It will go fast enough when you feel the "need for speed", it's great on the trails and very reliable and can putt around all day too.

The Z400 and 400EX were the two that made the most sense to me when I was shopping. When it came right down to it, I got a deal on the EX I couldn't refuse, plus I've always wanted one.

It's hard to beat the 400z as a good all around "do it all" quad. It will go fast enough when you feel the "need for speed", it's great on the trails and very reliable and can putt around all day too.

+1 for the LTZ400

i have just bought a 06 LTZ400 and very happy with it :bonk:

I plane to do some trail riding mostly, I live in the Mojave desert area so it will be riding desert trails.

I plane to do some trail riding mostly, I live in the Mojave desert area so it will be riding desert trails.

I think you would really enjoy the ltz400.

I vote for the Raptor, all around bad ass machine. It hauls my rather large butt around and has more torque than anyone could ask for, I have a 2001 660.

and I am 5'10" 275!!

My wife and I use to ride motorcycles a few years ago but we had to sell them. We decided its time to start again but she wants a quad now. I basically dont know anything about quads. I never got into them since I was always on two wheels. My question is: What kind of quad should I get for her? She is 5'3" and I would say decent skill level. (she can work a manual tranny and ride beginner trails) I was hoping we could go on trail rides and some dune stuff too. I ride a CR250 to give you an idea of what she needs to keep up with. I would go slower with her though at first, dont worry. Oh and we are in Cali so a green sticker is a must.

Well when I was shopping for a quad, I went to all the dealer except Honda, I have had Hondas my whole life and wanted a change. So I sat on the Kawi's the Yamaha's and the Polaris's models and then I winded up test riding the Suzuki Quad Racer and Sport. Both the LTZ400 and 450R felt great, they just had a better feel than all the rest. So I narrowed it down to the Z400 and 450R and went with the 400. The bike has plenty of power stock and it rides and feels very comfy and it was thousands less than the 450R. Plenty of mods coming soon. I will defiantly suggest the Suzuki Z400 if you are in the market for a new quad.

My wife and I use to ride motorcycles a few years ago but we had to sell them. We decided its time to start again but she wants a quad now. I basically dont know anything about quads. I never got into them since I was always on two wheels. My question is: What kind of quad should I get for her? She is 5'3" and I would say decent skill level. (she can work a manual tranny and ride beginner trails) I was hoping we could go on trail rides and some dune stuff too. I ride a CR250 to give you an idea of what she needs to keep up with. I would go slower with her though at first, dont worry. Oh and we are in Cali so a green sticker is a must.

Quad Sport 250. I know a couple that rides and she has a Quad Sport 250. She loves it. Honda makes a 250 and 300 aswell and they are good bikes too. Good luck.

Im personally am a ride red kinda guy!!! I rock an 02 400ex and it is absolutely bulletproof!!!! More than enough power and its a wheelie machine!!! I am 6'9" 260 and have had no issues withthis quad!!!!! my lil light in the ass friends have even more fun on theirs!!!!! i would go honda you cant go wrong!@!!!!!

i would go with an ltz 400 they are great bikes my friend beat the living balls off of it for the two years he had it. That thing still ran like new after all those times riding it through the creeks practically floating it and through the snow and mud. It was an awesome quad and took anything we threw at it.