quad Newbie saying hi.

i am completely new to quads so get ready for a load of daft questions as i'm currantly looking at a road legal one. :bonk:

i have been riding bikes since the age of 12 (now mid 30s)

my currant bikes are DRZ400S and a 2001 fireblade ...the quad will be an addition with the bonus that my fiancee could ride it on her car license

we have both ridden quads but ONLY off road

i think a quad could be the perfect thing to compliment my DRZ and fireblade

Fireblade for two-up and solo fun

DRZ400S for commuting, laning and general dicking about on

quad for wet fun, wet commuting, heading out on the Legal green Lanes and country roads with my fiancee and winter frolics when it is too icey for the DRZ too ride to work

Photo0375.jpg

Photo0285.jpg

Wasn't absolutely clear....you want the quad for street only, never for dirt? I would go with a sport quad and lower and widen it. The closest think I can think of would be a flattrack or TT quad.

A Z400 is you want to go mild, or a 450 or Raptor 700 if you want more zip.

Wasn't absolutely clear....you want the quad for street only, never for dirt? I would go with a sport quad and lower and widen it. The closest think I can think of would be a flattrack or TT quad.

A Z400 is you want to go mild, or a 450 or Raptor 700 if you want more zip.

thankyou for replying

taken from my opening post "quad for wet fun, wet commuting, heading out on the Legal green Lanes and country roads with my fiancee and winter frolics when it is too icey for the DRZ too ride to work"

local greenlaning is off road use on legal trails :bonk:

I am also looking at the Quadzilla 450 sport

I guess you're one of the lucky ones who live in a country that allows ATV's to be licensed and ridden on the street. I'm envious.

i am pretty much 95% sure that i want a LTZ400 over the others i've looked into

cash waiting for the right one

:bonk:

...you could also look into a yamaha raptor 660 they are in the same price region usually as the ltz400 at least in Germany!

...you could also look into a yamaha raptor 660 they are in the same price region usually as the ltz400 at least in Germany!

yes they are the same sort of price but i was bit worried they might be a bit to much for my fiancee to be able to ride :bonk:

so looking at the LTZ400 first then maybe if we both enjoy the quad experiance we will upgrade to a big boy next year :bonk:

For riding on the street defiantly make sure it has reverse and tall gearing. A Raptor 700 with different sprockets sounds like a good bet. I am not familiar with quads outside of the states so, yours may be a little different than ours. I would look for something that is fuel injected as well. Good luck in your search, I am sure you can add a beautiful quad to the garage to match the two beautiful bikes you have. :bonk: