Banshee Or Not?

Yamaha

alright im looking at a 1998 banshee to buy for 2000 bucks for the fact that i have a blaster and yz250 and need something bigger. and love the 2strokes. all my buddys got 450s and 250fs and i love smoking them on my 250. and iv never seen or rode a bike thats hauls as much as my dads(he died in 05) 1975 mx400b. i cant top it out, not enough road lol.

i need a bigger quad tho. im 6 2". im wondering how often i have to change the oil. cause on my yz250 its every freaking week lol. the quad has

Dura blue axles makes a total of 4" wider stance

DG front bumper

DG alloy series Mesh nurf bars

FMF Gold series fat boy pipes

FMF Power core 2 silencers

Brand new O ring chain 65$ value

New front sprocket I believe its a 14

New clutch cable/throttle cable

K&N dual cold air intake air cleaner set up

Boost bottle

After market makuni Carbs

New full cover

Fresh pistons/Rings as of a year ago

75% hole shots tires on the back

What do you guys think. i also have a blaster thats nothing but annoying lol so much little stuff loosens lol. and what would basic maintanice be for the banshee.

What are you planning on doing with it? It sounds like it would be a great duner for you. Where do you usually ride? Sounds like only the rear is wider. They are fun rides but a geometric disaster for MX. they make good duners and flat-trackers. Not much of a trail quad. (they get hot easily if you have to slow down through the technical stuff.)

im planning on trail riding mostly and drag racing on the weekends. but mostly trail. what do you think of 2004 yfz450s. there is a guy trying to sell me one

im planning on trail riding mostly and drag racing on the weekends. but mostly trail. what do you think of 2004 yfz450s. there is a guy trying to sell me one

ive had a few yfz's. if its a good deal grab it. the yfz does just about anything you want--jumps, trailrides, duning, and mx. you will be much happier with the yfz. i hope this helps.

Don't bother trying to trail ride a banshee, you will be very disapointed. It will over heat and doesn't have any bottom end grunt. Great dunner though! Nothing beats a banshee in the dunes