covert to kick start?

Honda

does any body know if you can convert a 400ex with electrical start to a kick start? if so can you give me a little help or information please thanks

does any body know if you can convert a 400ex with electrical start to a kick start? if so can you give me a little help or information please thanks

Sure, either use all the parts from an XR400 engine or just use an XR400 engine all together. Either way by the time you're done you could have sold the EX and picked up a kickstart R money wise.

Any reason you'd want to get rid of the e-start?

I just been have in problems with it. Since day 1 every weekend I ride some thing goes wrong with the electric start either the selinoid goes bad I replaced it 3 times this year or the nurtral safety don't seem to work then the next day it does an I rather just have a kick over electric an use electric for back up personally I'm not a fan of electric start but the price was right for the bike that why I wanna convert it if possible man

I just been have in problems with it. Since day 1 every weekend I ride some thing goes wrong with the electric start either the selinoid goes bad I replaced it 3 times this year or the nurtral safety don't seem to work then the next day it does an I rather just have a kick over electric an use electric for back up personally I'm not a fan of electric start but the price was right for the bike that why I wanna convert it if possible man
That's the worst luck I've ever heard of on one of these machines but I'll take your word for it. Like I said before though, by the time you're done with this project you could have owned a really nice 450r kicker. You'd have to be one die hard 400ex man to do this. Fix it, sell it and put your money into something different.

I have a 10 year old 400EX and it is as good as the day it was new. These machines are not known for starter problems....

The money you would waste on kickstarter nonesense, should be spent on a new starter and maybe a battery.