Sign in to follow this  

Kawasaki good trail sport atv

ok, im looking for a good trail sport atv that can do pretty much everything, im stuck between the KFX700 and the trx400x, im leaning to the kfx because of the auto tranny but the trx because it is wayy lighter...help!!!:bonk:

If youre two choices are the kfx and the EX,then the EX hands down! Some people opt for the Z400/KFX400 as well. My son-in-law has a Z and although it has more options than My sons EX, I like the EX better.....by far!!

I'm Curious why those 2? Since this is in the Kawi section, why not the KFX450? It's liquid cooled, has reverse, wayy more power, better suspension, FI, and It's wayy lighter than the EX as well?

I'm Curious why those 2? Since this is in the Kawi section, why not the KFX450? It's liquid cooled, has reverse, wayy more power, better suspension, FI, and It's wayy lighter than the EX as well?

im not really interested in the kfx450 because i dont want an mx bike, i ride a lot of longg trails

OK, I wouldn't call a stock width KFX any more of a MX bike than the EX. I'm not sure what the range of the 450's fuel tank is, but we race hare scrambles and can get 30+ miles out of a tank at race pace on our LTR's.

Good luck

I would definately go with the kfx 450r it has reverse and thefrontwidth is shorter than the zukes and yama. there has been alot of kfx 450rs on the xc track as well as the mx track. I just purchased mine and i like xc trails way better than the mx track but the mx traks are mostly were i live so its nice to know i have the optionof doing either with out any changes other than running 6 ply tires. With that being said the new 2010 yamaha 450rs have a mx and a xc trail bike same power and setup just the xc has a shorter front end and higher capacity fuel tank

and more ground clearance and only .5 " wider................. kfx450 over a 400 all day