2006 Predator 500 Jetting

I am trying to get the proper jetting on my Predator and am wondering who makes the factory carb for this bike. I am running a 180 jet and its still too lean. How much larger can I get. I have my lows and mids but top end is still cutting out.

Just a list of what I have done to the bike: Full Exhaust system DMC Afterburner Competition, Replaced the Factory intake with a big bore tube and K&N cone filter, Installed a Dynatek FS Ignition System. Installed a Procom Ignition Rectifier.

How do you know it is still to lean?

i have a 04 predator and it has a stock miniku...i think is how its spelled, thats all i can help with

its mikuni

Its cutting out on top end because your to rich, not lean.. I ran a 175mj and it ran fine.

When I had a predator with same set up I was using a 190 main jet

All I can tell you is top end cutting out like hitting a rev limiter to quickly is too rich of a main jet. If its takes a long time to rich top end speed and quites pulling that means to lean. Perhaps you should play with needle positions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Question_Man
      Hey guys im between a split decision about getting a quad or a dirtbike. So I was just wondering what your opinions are and dont give me 'it depends on who you are' crap. This is a opinion question just tell me what you really feel and why. And if you can tell me the funfactors of your choice and why you choose whatever it was you did.
    • By durangoman
      Way down there on the end

• By weenerdog
      :bonk:hey does anybody know where i can get graphics for an 09 scrambler 500?
    • By imported_blakerugg
      I am looking to buy a big bore for when my old Kawie Prairie breaks somtin inside the CVT boot cover:foul:, my Polaris Hawkeye isnt strong enough, even with AWD. What are some considerations?
    • By entrpner71
      Well, with Polaris using the KTM engine on the Outlaws could there be any chance they will develop a MX bike? They seem to have a reliable customer base for all there products and already work with/through Victory to make harley style cruisers. This is pure speculation, I have NO evidence but it seems to be a natural next step. It would be great to have a good american motorcycle out there, readily available at 90% of motorsport dealers.:bonk: Any support for such a theory?:bonk: