Question about jetting

You can try adjust the fuel screw "out" if you can or go up 1 size in the pilot jet. Less than 1 turn out means your too fat on the pilot, more than 3 out means too lean.

I hope that helps. :bonk:

What do you mean less than 1 turn out and more than 3 out? and can you tell me where to find this stuff? i'm not the one that jetted it and i dont even know where the carbuerator is.

Im not sure if the 300 has an adjustable fuel screw but if you see a small silver cap in front of your main jet cap, remove it and there should be a slotted fuel screw underneath it. You can turn it in or out. In = less pilot jetting and out = more jetting. Backfire on deceleration is a sure sign of lean pilot jetting.

Im not sure if the 300 has an adjustable fuel screw but if you see a small silver cap in front of your main jet cap, remove it and there should be a slotted fuel screw underneath it. You can turn it in or out. In = less pilot jetting and out = more jetting. Backfire on deceleration is a sure sign of lean pilot jetting.

Yes on the mixture screw. It should not be covered and on the bottom of the carb, engine side of the bowl. I agree on the lean pilot circuit but that quad runs a little lean in the mid as well from the factory so going down a clip on the needle may help things too. Start with the mixture screw first. If you find it and need help on adjusting it post back.