TRX400 Parking Brake How To

Honda

I just bought a 2003 400 and didnt get the owners manual. How do you work it? It might be bent because the PB shiny metal piece will not move either direction. A search only tells me how to remove it, I want to know how to work it.

your better off taking it off and getting a block off plate for the caliper.if you get it working you will have to adjust it every time you ride.their just a pain in the ass

your better off taking it off and getting a block off plate for the caliper.if you get it working you will have to adjust it every time you ride.their just a pain in the ass

X2 :bonk:

More adjusting time then it's worth.

Thats strange! Mine seem too always work very well. But, I did get away from that set-up when I switched to a Magura hydraulic clutch. That bike(400ex) is my sons now. I since have moved on to an '07 Raptor and use the P/B all the time. It seems very similar(other than the engagement lever) in design. IDK...maybe I got the only ones that Honda produced that actually worked...:bonk:

IDK...maybe I got the only ones that Honda produced that actually worked...:bonk:

As your pads wear you need to re-adjust. Maybe you were just nicer to your rear brake then we were.

Just pick up a "like new" 05 400ex and the p brake baffled me too. I get your point about having to readjust it but I would still like to know how it works. Can you tell me?

Just pick up a "like new" 05 400ex and the p brake baffled me too. I get your point about having to readjust it but I would still like to know how it works. Can you tell me?

A picture would be way better, but.....

You press the button to engage the piece below the lever that pulls the cable. Pull the lever, and slide the latch over into place to hold the cable in and hold the button down. One common mistake beginners make is to release the latch before they let go of the lever. The latch is held in by pressure from the lever.

To release, just pull the lever and release it, and everything goes back to normal. Again, beginners just pull the lever in and that releases the latch but not the pin, and think they are good to go. You must pull it and then relaease it....

Thanks! What happen to the post describing how to make the adjustments? I want to print it but can’t seem to find it.