Sign in to follow this  

suzuki lt 80 carb

was wondering if anybody could tell me what the second fuel line coming off the petcock on a 2000 lt 80 is for . it looks like it goes to the top of the carb but i'm not sure cause it was disconnected . the cylinder keeps filling with fuel if the gas is left on . the float and needle and seat seem to be ok . any suggestions would help alot . thanks .

ya it goes to the top of the carb. the flooding is a problem with all the lt80's. I leave mine on prime and put a lawn mower in line fuel shut off on it. only thing is you dont have a reserve because you leave it on prime.

was wondering if anybody could tell me what the second fuel line coming off the petcock on a 2000 lt 80 is for . it looks like it goes to the top of the carb but i'm not sure cause it was disconnected . the cylinder keeps filling with fuel if the gas is left on . the float and needle and seat seem to be ok . any suggestions would help alot . thanks .

The second fuel line is actually a vacuum line that leads to the intake right before the cylinder. It's supposed to open the petcock to allow fuel to flow into the carb when you're starting it, and while it's running. The petcock has 3 positions - straight up is "on", and 1/4 turn to the left or right is "Prime" which allows fuel to run into the carb non-stop. You should generally leave the petcock turned straight up.