06 450 sputter

I just got this bike yesterday and got it home and noticed it has a hesitation and sputter. It runs good, starts right up and looks and sounds perfect but when your getting on it hard it has like a flat spot or hesitation. When at wot it sometimes starts busting up. I have all the records on it and the valves have not been adjusted but it looks like it has low hours. I will change the plug and gas today and check filter and spray out carb. Does this sound like a valve issue? Thanks

I just got this bike yesterday and got it home and noticed it has a hesitation and sputter. It runs good, starts right up and looks and sounds perfect but when your getting on it hard it has like a flat spot or hesitation. When at wot it sometimes starts busting up. I have all the records on it and the valves have not been adjusted but it looks like it has low hours. I will change the plug and gas today and check filter and spray out carb. Does this sound like a valve issue? Thanks

Have you or anyone recently added a pipe or an aftermarket filter? Does it get better with a little choke?

I rode it today and it was not doing it near as bad. 100% stock with the baffle out. Its not running BAD but I like my thing perfect and I know theres something about it,the guy I bought it from rarely rode it so maybe it just needs run.I ragged on it today and it ran good.

I rode it today and it was not doing it near as bad. 100% stock with the baffle out. Its not running BAD but I like my thing perfect and I know theres something about it,the guy I bought it from rarely rode it so maybe it just needs run.I ragged on it today and it ran good.

Did you try the choke thing? The removed baffle is like putting an aftermarket pipe on so if it hasn't been jetted for it you could be running lean and that can cause damage. Try a touch of choke and see what happens.