yfz450 questions

Yamaha

Hey I bought a 07 yfz450 almost stock expect for nerf bars, I was wondering whats a good exhaust system? I was think a yoshi rs2 titanium, and also i was wondering whats a good jet kit..... and any other mods i could do that would give me some power, im not looking for speed all that much, id prefer power

Any exhaust is better than the stock system but noisier so don't let it be too loud. Jetting can be done with jets from your supplier rather than buying the whole kit and that will save you $$$. The "cam mod" is a good thing for some more available top end power with almost zero loss of low end. The "AP" mod helps with the dreaded "bog" off idle.

Removing the air box lid and installing a Uni filter helps a lot too. I added a tooth to the front sprocket and rather than rev around I use more mid range and my YFZ pulls very nice w/o wheel spin which makes it seem faster due to the available traction.

I have a 2007 yfz also. The first thing i did was put exhaust, filter, jets, and cam mod.

For exhaust everyone has there own opinion, mine is the FMF Factory 4.1 . I have always ran fmf on all my bikes, and have had no problems and i love the power they give out. Jets go to the dealer or local shop and buy each individual seperatly, save you alot of money. I also put a K&N with no airbox for the dunes, with all of these mods done to my bike, it hauls ass not kidding. Hope this helps you out!!

I went with the Yosh TRS full stainless system, Pro Design foam air filter kit, comes with a replacement billet collar/filter flange, Pro-Tec Performance air box lid to keep the water and dirt out, bought jets from the dealer, installed a YZ 450F needle, Boyesen Quickshot 2 accelerator pump cover and R&D flex jet fuel screw, and re-timed the cam to the YZ450F specs, and installed a re-configured ignition (CDI)

Runs Awesome

yfz's love the dr.d SS and the white brothers E2. both fairly cheap slip ons. dont waste your money on a full pipe unless u r getting a power bomb or something along those lines... so for around 300$ you can get 1 hell of a slip on

i run a pro circuit slip on and i jetted it to their specs and its a good bottom end pullin pipe cause i race woods and i want the bottom end and an hmf is a great pipe for bottom to mid range and i think they come with the jetting and instructions the pro circuit dont u have to call them but i know for a fact the p/c pulls better than the hmf and the pro circuit is a little pricey but well worth it a yosi sounds great but they just offer mid to top end gains so i hear and another hop up that i hear is good for bottom end power that i havnt yet got to do is a heavier flywheel unless u go with a high comp piston kit but wait till u gotta rebuild before u choose that hop up and always always remember on a yfz if u wait till it starts smokin pretty good you WILL have to replace the cylinder about a $260 for one i know i did and it sux p.s. full systems only make power if u are ported and pollished with different cams so slip ons are the best route to go on a budget

go with a drd full pipe, speed and power at its finest

yfz's love the dr.d SS and the white brothers E2. both fairly cheap slip ons. dont waste your money on a full pipe unless u r getting a power bomb or something along those lines... so for around 300$ you can get 1 hell of a slip on

An aftermarket header won't be a waste of money. The stock header isn't bad.....but upgrading to a slightly larger header pipe, and also to a titanium pipe, can certainly help things out.

Just fwiw, I got a complete HMF Ballance system with a carbon fiber canister for my bike for $350.......brand new. :smirk:

Go with the Ron Woods you can get them at blackhillsinnovations.com, the woods racing makes big HP it uses a true reverse cone megaphone which scavenges the motor more effectively. :smirk:

HMF or the GYTR hold up the best from what I've seen. As far as jets don't buy an aftermarket.. the best jetting for the YFZ is 170 Main Jet, 50 Pilot Jet, needle at #4 down, with 2 turns out on the idle mixture, you may have to play with the idle mixture some to get the dead spot out but it can be done. Also with this set-up you will need to leave the air-box lid off..

HMF or the GYTR hold up the best from what I've seen. As far as jets don't buy an aftermarket.. the best jetting for the YFZ is 170 Main Jet, 50 Pilot Jet, needle at #4 down, with 2 turns out on the idle mixture, you may have to play with the idle mixture some to get the dead spot out but it can be done. Also with this set-up you will need to leave the air-box lid off..

Keep in mind that your setup probably works great for you in your area.......but it won't be the same for someone with a different elevation and climate. Being as this fella is in Canada, I'd venture to say he's going to need some fatter jets than that. :smirk: