2009 kfx 450 problems

Kawasaki

ive had the quad for a month and when it starts to get hot it loses power and dies out i have the power commander in it the fan is constantly on but the light never comes on can anyone tell me what is going on

New or used quad?? Did it do this before the pcIII ?? What other mods??

its brand new it has a fmf exhaust and the power commander i run 112 race fuel but for some reason its running hot and losen power now it wont start

its brand new it has a fmf exhaust and the power commander i run 112 race fuel but for some reason its running hot and losen power now it wont start

Hmm...wow..112 fuel is overkill to the max! Does this machine have an oxygen sensor? Hmmm..again...I would drain the 112 fuel,replace it with 93 fuel,remove the airbox lid,contact "Fuel Moto" and download the proper "Map" for this set-up and go from there. Also,it would be a good idea too have a couple of extra plugs on hand.

Hmm...wow..112 fuel is overkill to the max! Does this machine have an oxygen sensor? Hmmm..again...I would drain the 112 fuel,replace it with 93 fuel,remove the airbox lid,contact "Fuel Moto" and download the proper "Map" for this set-up and go from there. Also,it would be a good idea too have a couple of extra plugs on hand.
I would also agree with this.

I'd guess your map is on the lean side...

And contrary to popular belief... the race fuel is harder to burn... and burns cooler, not hotter.

Do not drain it until you have a proper map.

It's probably what is saving you from the ping of death right now.

Get a proper map, new plug and go back to 93 octane.

Yes this is a very high compression engine... but does not NEED race fuel.

I doubt there is much benefit to it if any... so why pay the price?

It is tuned to run fine at this compression on 93 octane.

The other opionons may help but something I was reading on atvnc was a guy with a power com3 and exahust was having the same problems with their kfx 450r and all of them said the grey wire had come loose from the pcIII when that was fixed the bike ran great hope this helps

check out www.kfx450hq.com dedicated site to the quad.....if BN take PC off and have warranty take a look...112 oct. perhaps your buring rings out of it....jk..lol..