Sign in to follow this  

Honda reliabilty of 250rs????

how reliable are the 250rs?? ive heard mixd things about them and im thinkn bout gettin one. is it the kinda bike im gonna ride 30% of the time and work on the next 70% or the other way around i dont have a whole lota money so i dont want to keep on buyin parts and be workin on it all the time. let me here somethin from every one i want some of yalls opinions. thanks.

how reliable are the 250rs?? ive heard mixd things about them and im thinkn bout gettin one. is it the kinda bike im gonna ride 30% of the time and work on the next 70% or the other way around i dont have a whole lota money so i dont want to keep on buyin parts and be workin on it all the time. let me here somethin from every one i want some of yalls opinions. thanks.

250R's or 250rs??.....never heard of an rs?...250R's of any sort are very very reliable.

yea im talkn bout the r. ive heard diff things from people sayin there all old and wore out and you cant find any parts and ill always be workin on it. i just didnt know. are there any major flaws in them from 86 to 89 from the factory??

It's a race quad so it will be more maintenance than most other quads out there but for a racer, it is very reliable. You will spend more time working on it than say a LT400Z Suzuki and won't have things like reverse or e start but you will have a fast ride.

If you're into trail riding, I'd look elsewhere. If you will be riding tracks, get the 250R. It's a good ride and most parts are available everywhere.

Mostly trail rode my 86 with some track time. You'll work the clutch a little more then a 4 stroke but easily the best 2 stroke quad ever built!

Agree with all the above, If you are going to trail ride, try to find a fairly stock bike. the more performance (porting,pipe, suspension. etc) it has, the harder it has been run and the more upkeep it will take. I've owned close to 10 of them, Great bikes

they climb hills pretty good?? and how much yall think a 88 stock one is worth?? i know someone that said theyd sell it to me for 1800 but i could prolly talk them down to 15 or 1600. yall thinks it worth it?? its real nice not a scratch or anything on it.

It's getting harder to find people who want them, but If it is real clean, it's probably not gonna lose much value from what you are paying for it.

yall think its worth it though? could i ever sell it after??

If I could find a real nice stock 88 I'd give $1800 all day for it!