what parts should i buy???

i have a 2004 predator 500. i saved up my money this summer, and am wondering what parts i should buy to maximize the preformance. i was thinking mabey a new exhaust, but i dont really konw what one is best for the predator. help PLEASE!

Most major name brands will offfers similar power gains as long as you rejet to go along with the exhaust. However, to maximize the benefit of the exhaust you need to to with an aftermarket intake and filter. The Predators airbox is just to small and restrictive to offer any substantial gains with just an exhaust. If I didn't already have the WP Carbon Pro on mine, I would go with one of the quieter exhausts out there. You only lose one or two horsepower off of the top of the power band without any loss of bottom or midrange where you mostly likely spend most of your time riding. Motoworks and FMF make great quiet exhausts. Two Brothers has their M7 V.A.L.E. system that allows the use of optional inserts in the end of the canister to reduce the decibel level. I have one on my DR650 that looks awesome and sounds great!!! I'm thinking about getting one for my Predator!!!

ok, next question, should i get a slip on, or a whole exhaust?

I'm not sure of the benefits of a complete exhaust system over a slip-on. Especially since the Predator has to exhaust headers that merge into a collector. Mine has a Rath raching header that was on it along with the Carbon Pro canister, so I don't really know what the difference was before and after the exhaust. Of course if you can afford the complete system, the header will look a lot better than the stock header pipe!!!

ok thanks, i think ill invest the extra cash for headers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Question_Man
      Hey guys im between a split decision about getting a quad or a dirtbike. So I was just wondering what your opinions are and dont give me 'it depends on who you are' crap. This is a opinion question just tell me what you really feel and why. And if you can tell me the funfactors of your choice and why you choose whatever it was you did.
    • By donwann
      Does anybody know where I can get a service manuel for a 2005 Polaris 500 Predator? I also need some assistance in dialing in the Fox Podium shocks on this machine. I feel that the compression damping is way to stiff, but what do I know? This is my first ATV. It is an '05 Troy Lee edition 500cc Predator with the Fox Podium resevoir shocks on the front and back.
    • By entrpner71
      Well the 350L was short lived:smirk: and switched to the Scrambler so I figured I would let that die (quad was sold shortly after the thread was created anyway:thumbsup:) and bring up my new direction. A gentlemen is selling a 06 Polaris Scrambler on Craigs for 3000 and I could probably talk him down a little more. Trade in on KBB is 2810 so it seems like a good deal, he also claims excellent condition.
      The "criteria" is it would be for my mom (and grandfather on occasion). She wants something completely automatic with good suspension, strong power, and just fun. I want the 4x4 because she is not going to gun it when things get technical so this would pretty much guarantee her not to get stuck. It would be good also to pull out other bikes/quads and do some basic ranch work around their property (mostly hauling horse poop) too. I also like that my bother or my self could jump on and keep up with trx250Rs we just bought.
      So the question is this a suitable quad and how is the reliability of these atvs. I have heard they are a lot of fun and I don't think I need to worry about it being to much for my mom, she is not going to test it as long as it is predictable. Any experience or knowledge would be appreciated. This particular one is a 2006 but would like to learn about all model years as far back as late 90's. My other interest is when the AWD engaged automatically, that is a great feature and if she ever used it is just that much more confidence for her. thanks guys:worthy:
      P.S. other models/years and even makes would be consider if suggested. I am hoping to buy american but it is not crucial (buying used anyway). At 3K I would have a very difficult time talking my parents into it so if I could save money without much sacrifice by an earlier year smaller engine and so on please let me know.
      Last question (promise:p) how are these things on gas, not riding hard but light to moderate riding? We almost bought a banshee but the thing would eat 5 gallons of gas in only a few hours of hard rinding:eek:
    • By IHScoutII
      Can anyone tell me the good and bad about the predator? I found a 2003 troy lee addition for $1500, I haven't seen it yet but the guy said his brother ran it out of oil so he had a shop rebuild the engine about a year ago. He said they replaced just about everything except the crank which seemed like an important component to skip. Anyways, if there is anything I should look out for, let me know!
    • By dezracerE
      I cant believe I am the first.
      And I dont own a Polaris...yet.
      I am in the market for an "S" after the first of the year.
      Should be a regular on here.