Sign in to follow this  

Honda how to remove trx 90 brake drums??

im having a hard time getting the rear drum off the axle wont budge and there is no real good way to pry it off thanks

im having a hard time getting the rear drum off the axle wont budge and there is no real good way to pry it off thanks

I'll assume all the parts in front of the drum in the pic below are off. Do you get any movement out of the drum at all? I know that if the shoes aren't backed-off all the way they can get hung up on that giant ring/clip (#6). If you've got everything the way its supposed to be then a few light blows even the wrong direction can help free things up. If it came down to it I'd even use some heat but watch out for that seal (#27). Chances are that if it's locked on the axle that seal might be junk anyway.

93TRX9039.gif

how do you unclip #6 when the drum is recessed into the carrier thanks

how do you unclip #6 when the drum is recessed into the carrier thanks

You don't. You really should never have to take it out but what I was getting at is that if the shoes aren't sucked in all the way they can hang up on that ring. All you can do for that is make sure you're adjuster (#12) has no tension on it and that everything is completely relaxed. Otherwise #9 can be twisted pushing the shoes out a little too far.

No problem. It's on splines. Sometimes these things just get so corroded they don't want to move. Both the axle and the drum are pretty tough so when getting "creative" here you can get away with a lot just don't over do it on beating that drum.

not quite took it to my friends with a press and havent got to mess with it had to pull the motor on my 450