banshee owners

Thinking of buying a banshee this winter. I would like to here from owners that do some trail ridding with them. That's mostly what Ill be doing Ive been ridding my rm 125 all summer and would like to have a 4 wheeled smoker as well. I have rode a friends blaster didn't what get off of it. but it left me wanting more power and better stopping power.

i know u want a 2 stroke but..... "but" i think a raptor 660 would be ideal for some1 wanting to start out in the wood/on the trails (has reverse) they are quick the power is nice and not to much $ to get a little more power when u want it, just dont buy an 01 and you should be safe... dont get me wrong the banshee is sick "but" its a sand quad....drag quad

I have ridden some 4 stroke big bore sport ATVs in the woods and i can't say I didn't like them.Two strokes just seem to have that bit more excitement to them. My next

question. I know the banshee didn't change all that much since year one is there any year better than the other?

something else Ive been kicking around is just getting a blaster and upgrading it??

thanks for your opinions!!

I had a Banshee years ago, and it was about the best quad I ever owned. Having said that, I'm not sure trail riding would be the area I'd use it in. I went riding with some freinds one time and I could barely make it up one of the slick, rocky trails that this guy's wife was making it up with ease with her four stroke Suzuki trail quad. . The power was just too explosive and I couldn't get the traction. Anyway, having said that, they are great quads, and if you're buying one, get the newest, cleanest one you can afford and you'll be fine.

I have ridden some 4 stroke big bore sport ATVs in the woods and i can't say I didn't like them.Two strokes just seem to have that bit more excitement to them. My next

question. I know the banshee didn't change all that much since year one is there any year better than the other?

something else Ive been kicking around is just getting a blaster and upgrading it??

thanks for your opinions!!

If you really want to stick with the two strokes you might also consider the Honda TRX250R, its a great all-around bike.

I wouldn't recommend the Blaster because of its short wheelbase and lousy suspension, but thats just me.

Well some of the reasoning for interest in the banshee is my nearest atv dealers in my area are slim I've got to drive a hour to the nearest Suzuki, Honda, Polaris or Yamaha dealers I’ve dealt with all of them and I would rank the Yamaha dealer being the best. the employees seem not to just be there to draw a pay check but take pride in what they do back to the banshee most of the riding I do is old logging roads 10% gravel 80% dirt 10% Tight technical bits nothing to outrages most of the time. I do go to the Hatfield McCoy trails often but mostly stick to the green/blue trails this would be a second atv I already have a tired bayou 220 utility atv I do most of my new trail scouting with and or mudding.

Its the exact opposite for me with the dealerships.

Ive got every kind of dealer anywear from 30-45 minutes from me.

But the Yamaha has the worst service ever and never fixes anything right, so we work on our own stuff and save the hastle.

they are only good for parts and getting a new bike.

No one i know brings there bike to that shop

I do all the work my self as well except for the machine work and thing that require a press. Haven't bout any major tools like that. In the future probably. It would be nice bore my own cylinders instead of sending it out. the Suzuki dealer messed up my cylinder :bonk: the last time I had one sent there.

The shops are aggravating.

We have all the air tools and compressors and stuff here in our bike garage.

Plus we have 7 bikes all together, so we cant realy send them to the shop everytime something goes wrong.

Cuz i have one up one jacks right now waiting on my sprockets and chain and my new back spindle to come in for my warrior.

Then we just had to fix things on my lil 250.

Pretty soon were going to have to overhaul my brother's 160.

Banshees are awesome "D" quads! Dunes, Desert, Drags. Too high strung for trail riding unless the trails are wide and fast enough to maintain 30 - 40 mph. The other big drawback on Banshees is it always costs twice as much to fix things ( 2 carbs, 2 cylinders, 2 pistons, 2 exhausts, etc. ). Speed cost money. How fast can you afford to go!

Well I'm rich by no means rich but I like thrill ride spent 7 years karting all my local tracks closed up so Im back to dirt biking and atvs most the trails im running where grated at one time so 25mph to 30mph my old bayou 220 stays maxed

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=35898859 here is a vid of a blaster getting some what beat on by 3 ppl 2 of them are 6' tall and 200 lbs the blaster is not a bad machine if you put a little money into it but i would say get the banshee if u r gunna do it.... i know ppl that still woods race them...... or just go old school and get the 250r that has been kept up on :bonk:

nice Iv riddin a few of them and loved it Im 5-7 130 Ibs and I could toss it around esally though the woods few of the guys I ride with hated it but thay could not keep it on the pipe (Not two stroke riders) my biggist gripe was stopping moving briskly though the wood nice to have good stopping power

• 2 weeks later...

well picked up my new old blaster to day 2002 model the price was good lots of spare parts so couldn't refuse even though it's not a banshee. (what I was looking for) but still in my opinion fun little atv.

again thanks for all your input!!

You got a good-looking Blaster. I love the things but I literally out-grew them a long time ago. I'm 6'1" and around 240lbs and I just can't really get comfortable on one. I've tried to tak my wife into one but she doesn't like the "idea" of a Blaster. She's kind-of short and small. I think its a female "macho" thing. She rode my Banshee around some when I still had it so she was hot-shit..... She doesn't believe me when I tell her that I can make a Blaster run circles around the 450's on the small MX tracks around here AND be a hell of a lot more fun to ride. A longer swing-arm, longer a-arms, good shocks and little motor work and they will scream and TURN! As you have it, do some of these things and you'll never get tired of it. I'm planning on finding another Banshee in the Spring as long as hell doesn't freeze over between now and then, and build again. I just can't get into the new 450's. My last Banshee would eat one alive and had a stock motor. I'm planning on my next one being easier to ride with some port-work and that should make it a little faster in the end.

thanks ! Looked for a decent banshee all summer and last winter. I had planed to buy one this winter. Couldn't find a good deal on one. All of them I look at needed lots of work

and $$. I thought dollar for dollar the blaster is great stock relativity easy to up grade. Think Ill start off with better braking followed by little wider track. The engine does pretty good for me now but eventually I'm sure Ill be looking for more. There is nothing that compares to the thrill of 2 stroke power.