banshee owners

Yamaha

You're Blaster looks pretty sweet! :bonk: I've never ridden a Blaster - always been a huge banshee fan myself, which is what I got. I am sure you will enjoy the heck out of it. Congratulations and happy trails.

Thanks! Ive all ways been a banshee fan thought the years as well. Thought Id spring for one this year. But this decent blaster came up. I thought to my self Id ridden and work on blasters really enjoyed it so why not? If a nice banshee comes up it would be a nice back up bike after it's modded.

If you ever get the chance to ride take it. lot of fun for not that much $$

Nice blaster! the blaster was the very first sport quad I had ever ridden, since then I've been hooked. You may get bored with the power and size of it though. Here's my banshee, I love it

ZSHEE.jpg

Nice banshee! Size not so much not a big guy 5'6 120 pounds it does real good on the tight twisty trails but more power would be nice.

Hey i am a dirtbike guy who has broken leg. I acquired a banshee and i can ride it with my cast on, i have been riding tight trails in northern michigan, and i love it. Only thing i wish it had is reverse, but that's not so bad if you can walk.

"I wish it had is reverse"

Would be nice but with the extra power on tapp you turn around very quikly once you get the hang of it. Love dirt biking but mud and slick hills in my area make atvs alot more fun. Slide it side ways and mat it!

I ride trails with my banshee. It does good enough for me.

However, if i ONLy rode trails i would get a cheap 400ex or if i wanted to spend more money, a raptor 700r. I love my banshee to death but the suspension sucks. banshees are made for top end riding. they CAN be ridden in trails but meh. You will never have the low end TQ of a 4 stroke.

A good plus for a banshee is if you blow it up, it's VERY cheap to fix as compared to most 4 strokes.

You will hate it for trail riding. The Banshee is a great duner, but sucks for anything else. It has a narrow powerband that comes on stront and will rip your arms off, but very little low end grunt. IF you find yourself in a tight spot, you have to really rev the engine to get the low power you need and smoke the clutch in the process. And yes they do over head. The raptor660 or 700 would be a better choice if you want to stay in the sport family. They both have electric fans to help with cooling and have all the grunt you need and enough top end speed once they are uncorked. I have a 660 with an open airbox and trinity exhaust (good exhaust but wouldn't recomend the company) rejetting and off and running. Runs like a raped ape! I do miss my banshee for duneing, but the raptor is more veritle if you play in a broad range of terran

if you ride hatfield and mccoy and stay on blue and green trails and ride the same kind of trails at home. a blaster would be a good choice. it is short nimble and is FUN to ride. i think the shee is or would be a little overkill for your riding style. just cause blaster is air cooled kinda gives you an excuse to air it out every once in awhile.

Well I ended up stripping the blaster over the winter. Painted the frame went through the engine, I did a miner port and polish. Bored the cylinder 40 over and added cooling scoops. I did find out that it will not go in snow.

But before the weather turned, I rode it a lot I did some hard trails, muddy, steep only problems was the deep mud and overall a different style of ridding. Pretty much what I was expecting same as the 2stroke bike vs 4 stroke bike. I have a utility quad for the snow & mud and the blast is good for everything else.

I have ridden some 4 stroke big bore sport ATVs in the woods and i can't say I didn't like them.Two strokes just seem to have that bit more excitement to them. My next

question. I know the banshee didn't change all that much since year one is there any year better than the other?

something else Ive been kicking around is just getting a blaster and upgrading it??

thanks for your opinions!!

Having owned both a banshee and raptor 700, for a trail bike get a Raptor, and yes the raptor with the typical 3 mod will be very exciting in the woods.
I have ridden some 4 stroke big bore sport ATVs in the woods and i can't say I didn't like them.Two strokes just seem to have that bit more excitement to them. My next

question. I know the banshee didn't change all that much since year one is there any year better than the other?

something else Ive been kicking around is just getting a blaster and upgrading it??

thanks for your opinions!!

To start off, the first couple years of the banshee had J arms instead of a arms, i believe it was 87 to 89. Also the ignition changed a couple of times, and I think the best was 96 up. If you do get a banshee, get a good trails pipe like fmf fatty with a power core2 silencer. Also get good tires like holeshots and you would be fine.