Sign in to follow this  

Honda 300ex shock on a 250ex?

Anyone put a rear shock from a 300ex on the 250ex?...they are the same length (14.5") but are preload adjustable...my daughter does not weigh enough to load the suspension so I want to go softer on the rear shock so the ass end does not kick-up on the larger bumps....anyone?

Anyone put a rear shock from a 300ex on the 250ex?...they are the same length (14.5") but are preload adjustable...my daughter does not weigh enough to load the suspension so I want to go softer on the rear shock so the ass end does not kick-up on the larger bumps....anyone?

The 300ex shock is barely adjustable. That style of adjuster is a joke and I'd be shocked if you could dial it in enough to make a difference. It will still be a stiff SOB for a littler person. What you do want though is a banshee front shock to mount on the rear. Any year should work. :bonk:

What year Banshee shock works the best?...I have been told there are two different spring rates depending on year and suspension type?...Thanks

I have a Raptor 660 shock with remote rezzy (the one with the integrated rezzy does not fit very well) that was recommended for our 300. It was a huge improvement. I bought it new and had it on my son's 300ex for about 6 months before we bought him a z400. Of course, I put the stock one back on when we sold the quad. PM me if you're interested.

I have a Raptor 660 shock with remote rezzy (the one with the integrated rezzy does not fit very well) that was recommended for our 300. It was a huge improvement. I bought it new and had it on my son's 300ex for about 6 months before we bought him a z400. Of course, I put the stock one back on when we sold the quad. PM me if you're interested.

Was this a Raptor 660 front or rear shock?

THx